Wanting to conceive

Andreastyl

Reaction score
Hi there I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct thread! I'm looking to start trying for a baby next September. I have endometriosis and have been on the pill since mid 2015 and only have 3 breaks a year. I get married in July and honeymoon in August so was planning to stop the pill after as I know periods can be irregular at the beginning etc! I know we won't get pregnant straight away could take years. What I wanted to ask what are the side effects of coming off the pill? I take the yasmin. Thank you xx

I actually didn’t have any side effects of coming off the pill that I can remember, well other than my periods returning to their usual extremely painful state! I stopped taking it around a year before we wanted to start trying just so my body could regulate itself. It didn’t seem to take that long for me though I know that may not be the case for a lot of people.

Welcome and good luck in the future! :)

I had no side effects, but my first two cycles after coming off were a little long. After what I've read since, I wish I had gone off a few months earlier; it seem like on average, people who are TTC right after coming off the pill take a few months longer than those who were using condoms only prior.

Good luck!

I think that's a difficult question to get an answer to as everyone is so different. I've been extremely lucky and have fallen pregnant first time every time, even after coming off contraception. My second, I was on the pill (cerazete), came off end of June and found out in August I was pregnant and my third I had the copper coil, had that removed in September and found out I was pregnant in October. We expected both times that it may take a bit longer because I had been on contraception for a few years but it didn't. It could be weeks, months or years. There's just no judging it

There are many side effects to coming off the pill, it’s important to remember, most women go on the pill to regulate their cycle or conditions such as yourself. Once you stop taking the pill the likelihood is that you’ll go straight back to the way things were before going onto the pill. Make sure you talk with your medical practitioner, once informed they can monitor your condition and offer advice on anything no matter how silly you think it may be. That’s what they’re there for. I hope you can relax and not put too much pressure on yourselves during your journey and I know it’s hard, I’ve been there, but try to enjoy the road with as little stress as possible. Lots of baby dust to you both xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back