wanted posts on freecycle

paradysso

Reaction score
i know some people ask for a bit much... but guess what the latest one on my freecycle is...

a ps2 or xbox she doesnt mind which and a flat screan tv as the kids bedroom is limited for space :shock:

i couldnt help but reply to her with

are u serious?? why not ask for a plasma tv too... this is meant to be for junk not quite good enough for landfill not things that cost £100's in shops still.... shocking!!!

any one else seen any stupid wanted posts on freecycle?

i did a wanted for a bed guard rail thing and never got one, i will be a bit miffed if she gets flat screan tv and a ps2 :?

in the past couple of days we've had wanted..

wanted canoe/kayak please ,usable condition please.
rob.also equiptment male & female boyancy aids ,teenager med size..
female med-large... male xxxl....thanks..

wanted - rowing machine

hi hoping someone might have one of these it is only needed for a short
while so would put it back on freecycle when finished,my daughter had a
medical problem which made her put on weight and although now losing it
she would love to speed up the process,many thanks for your
consideration Debbie.

I put a wanted on here a few minutes ago and forgot to ask people to
ring if poss 01827 ****** but please make sure you only tell me or my
husband what you are calling about (Paul or DEBBIE) my daughter would
be very embarresed her name is Katie many thanks

If anyones got an upright piano in reasonable working order we'd be
very grateful.

ooh that reminds me I've got a spare piano/canoe/rower in the kitchen :roll:

a friend has asked me to enquire if anyone has an electric cooker for
his daughter who has just got a flat
thanks in anticipation

paula

And there are a few that are "wanted : laptop" or computer. Fair enough to be grateful for one for an old person etc but don't go saying I want this spec, this spec etc... go buy one ya cheeky g!t - who's gonna put a vista laptop onto freecycle if they could sell one :roll:

Can I take this opportunity to say thanks to you Leckershell, I hadn't even heard of this site and when u posted about it last week I went joined and have so far acquired a large worktop microwave/grill/fan oven, a dr who playset, a 12" cyberman, remote conrolled dalek and K9, and a small dalek!
I have also given away some Thomas the Tank engine curtains, duvet cover and pillow case to an apparently very happy 2 year old :cheer:

Actually , I think canoes and rowing machines are 'reasonable' type things to ask for. It's way out but the sort of stuff someone MIGHT have in a garage taking up space somewhere. I can imagine that ending up on a skip.

I hate it when people ask for stuff my model name/number. There's 100's of posts on Birmingham for stuff like 'Samsung U910i please' :wall:

oooo whats this??? im gathering its a sort of get rid of your old stuff type thing lol

Minxy said:
Actually , I think canoes and rowing machines are 'reasonable' type things to ask for. It's way out but the sort of stuff someone MIGHT have in a garage taking up space somewhere. I can imagine that ending up on a skip.

I hate it when people ask for stuff my model name/number. There's 100's of posts on Birmingham for stuff like 'Samsung U910i please' :wall:

I agree! We've got an exercise bench taking up room that I would probably give away if someone asked for it.

You would be surprised what some people throw away, and if you dont ask you dont get :)

she should try free to collect, there's a rowing machine going on there! (and a lateral thigh trainer, but I'm to far away :( )

the best one so far on ours has to be wanted a video ipod!!!!
i mean come on these things cost loads
there is always people asking for ps2's/laptops/cars/mopeds ect
i will be putting a few bits on it end of the week ive got 2 boxes of stuff to sort threw
manda xx

princess_h said:
oooo whats this??? im gathering its a sort of get rid of your old stuff type thing lol

Yeah, www.freecycle.org , you offer things that you no longer want but don't want any money for. So people put up all sorts of things they want rid of but are too good for the tip, or too heavy/bulky to trek down to the charity shop.

HappyAlice said:
Can I take this opportunity to say thanks to you Leckershell, I hadn't even heard of this site and when u posted about it last week I went joined and have so far acquired a large worktop microwave/grill/fan oven, a dr who playset, a 12" cyberman, remote conrolled dalek and K9, and a small dalek!
I have also given away some Thomas the Tank engine curtains, duvet cover and pillow case to an apparently very happy 2 year old :cheer:

:cheer:

Ok I take back the rowing machine/canoe I thought they were too random for people to have lying around! :D

I've posted a wanted on there before for a tv/video player combi, and also any baby monitors, though I don't think they were too unreasonable as people mostly have DVD's now, and I wasn't picky about which monitors. :D

Not quite the same but I saw a wanted adds on Gumtree freebies section where a guy was basically asking for furniture to furnish his house. But the ad was very obnoxious and he was saying things like "i want a leather sofa in good condition" and he didn't even say "thank you" or "I am very grateful" at the end of the ad.

I have given away some stuff for free on Gumtree and some of it is quite good quality that I don't want to put on ebay as would rather go to a good home. The replies I have gotten have been so rude as though people are doing us a favour and absolutely nobody says thanks they just say "I want your xxx" which I think is soooo rude! grrr :x

Dinski said:
The replies I have gotten have been so rude as though people are doing us a favour and absolutely nobody says thanks they just say "I want your xxx" which I think is soooo rude! grrr :x

More fool them. When I offer on Freecycle I always give to someone who gives me a nice post explaining why they'd like it over the person who emails 'I want this'.

And I've received almost everything I've expressed an interest in. I'm sure it's because I'm always polite and give a little story :D

Minxy said:
More fool them. When I offer on Freecycle I always give to someone who gives me a nice post explaining why they'd like it over the person who emails 'I want this'.

Same here :) I gave some cassettes to an old lady who drove a car with a cassette player (not sure they were to her taste, but still, she did reply!). Gave away a box of spanish books to a lady who was looking to learn spanish to go away on holiday.. some normal fiction books to a man who's wife loves reading but she can't get out the house... i'm sure there's more too, but I like the reasons people put for wanting things, and I always reply to the polite people.

I gave away a big mirror to a woman who helps out at a children's special needs centre, she wanted it for the sensory room :)

Our best item has got to be a sofa bed, it's really nice, colour not to my taste but we keep a throw over it, it's really sturdy and comfortable.

Also OH asked me to ask for a old fashioned rotary mower... I posted a wanted, got offered one and the guy even dropped it round!

Generally though, anything I want has been taken right away.

Hi

i love freecycle out here!!! i think im trying to get ride of more then im getting though i always seem too late to get nething :(

heres some from the hull one

WANTED: TFT monitor 15"
Just built my computer and i was looking for a tft monitor 15" if anyone has one :D Cheers, will pick it up aswell.

WANTED: Sky plus box(Bransholme)
i know this is a long shot but does any one have a sky plus box they no longer use mine is playin silly beggers and cant afford a new one :eek:( thanks in advance

WANTED: working laptop (Hull)
hello i just wondered if there is anyone who has a working laptop they no longer need i know it is a longshot but i am really in need of one as i travel alot so dont get to stop and do college ...

omg the woman replied to me responce lol

Ill thank you to keep your opinions to your self, if a moderator accepts my request - then i dont feel im answerable to you.
Its no worse than the person asking for a wood burner, and whether it keep sthings out of landfill now or in a few months\or years this is not an open forum for you to pass judgement on me and my two boys - and arent stairgates available in shops? Theyre not cheap and neither are moses baskets but its ok to ask or claim if they are free is it?
Take your rose tinted narrow minded spectacles off and leave people alone or if you want to act like the freecycle police then become a moderator.

And if you want to complain post your reply through the correct channel and see if a moderator accepts your comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back