Want to switch from puree to more blw?

Drummers_wife

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't come on very often anymore as working full time and Quinn is hardwork x

Anyways my questions-
Quinn loves his food - he has much more than other babies hisage but jus isnt massively interested in blw food x
He will eat blw but doesn't get hardly any in then gives up x

Weve been on holiday this wk so he's been having stage 2 jars instead of his usual home cooked x

Midnight- 4-5oz milk

4am -4-5oz milk

Breakfast - readybrek with 2.5oz full fat milk and whole pot fruit puree then piece toast/bagel/crumpet x

10.30 4oz milk

Lunch - 1/2 savory jar, fruit pot & yoghurt or angel delight then whatever we're eating pizza/pasta/pasty etc

3.30 4oz milk

Dinner - 1/2 savory jar, fruit pot & yoghurt or angel delight then whatever we're eating again

And has water sippy cup too x

My main question is do I jus cut out his puree and do all blw and how much should he be eating? X
Or jus slowly change it one meal time at a time? X

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Hey guys I don't come on very often anymore as working full time and Quinn is hardwork x

Anyways my questions-
Quinn loves his food - he has much more than other babies hisage but jus isnt massively interested in blw food x
He will eat blw but doesn't get hardly any in then gives up x

Weve been on holiday this wk so he's been having stage 2 jars instead of his usual home cooked x

Midnight- 4-5oz milk

4am -4-5oz milk

Breakfast - readybrek with 2.5oz full fat milk and whole pot fruit puree then piece toast/bagel/crumpet x

10.30 4oz milk

Lunch - 1/2 savory jar, fruit pot & yoghurt or angel delight then whatever we're eating pizza/pasta/pasty etc

3.30 4oz milk

Dinner - 1/2 savory jar, fruit pot & yoghurt or angel delight then whatever we're eating again

7pm 5oz milk and bed xx

And has water sippy cup too x

My main question is do I jus cut out his puree and do all blw and how much should he be eating? X
Or jus slowly change it one meal time at a time? X

I would do it gradually personally. Perhaps you could try what I do. Harry has a spoon fed brekkie, then he feeds himself lunch - I just give him a variety of finger foods, half of which ends up on the floor, but after a while I think he's had a reasonable amount, then finish him off with a spoon fed yoghurt just to make sure he's not left hungry. Then he has a spoon fed dinner, with some fruit or biscuit to feed himself after, plus a yoghurt. This way I know he's getting a decent amount of food, but he also gets practice feeding himself. If your LO is hungry enough, he should feed himself something but as he's used to being spoon fed, I would take it slow. Harry is 1 next week and he still gets a lot of spoon feeding. I guess it's up to you in the end, but hope this helps a bit! xx

I think once you've started TW you can't just stop iykwim. He's used to getting a certain amount in his tummy so to 'force' (using loosely there) to do it all himself would be hard.

What about part of a jar along side finger foods at every meal. So that he's not excessively hungry he might be more willing to try the bits himself.
X

That's what I do. Every meal I put some finger food on her tray (porridge fingers at breakfast, cucumber Breadsticks and organix big crisps at lunch, and boiled soft carrot broc and cauliflower at tea).

It gives her practice at picking up the food and also distracts her from trying to grab the spoon :)

Hey hun. What I did with Jack and am now doing with Harry was to start intruding lumps into their purees so instead of pureeing it so it had no lumps i'd puree it and add a couple of peas or chop up some cooked carrot into tiny bits then add it to the puree. That way they're still get the consistency and the amount that their used to but with added texture. Then slowly reduce how purred the food is and make it lumpier and lumpier. I think Jack was eating 'proper food' chopped up small at around a year and Harry will be their quicker as he loves food lol.

Hope that makes sense? x

Thanx ladies thats what im doing really trying thicker/lumpier purees and finger foods too xx
Was going well but hes started refusing lunch past few days think teeth playing up again x

Jackson went through a stage of only eating pureed food then all of a sudden he just ate anything and everything LOL.

I just gave Jackson the option - so puree and blw, then his eating just took off. He might not be ready for that kind of food yet. J has loads of teeth and still wouldnt touch "normal" food now, its all he eats. Im quite glad actually because he went through the puree like water, he'd just eat n eat n eat.

xxxxxxxxxx

I'd just add some finger food on the side of the normal purée bits, then you know he still having his normal amount and can also try the other stuff if he fancies it. x

I switched to BLW with Aaron, this is the way I did it.

I would give him BLW first, then follow up with his TW food.

At first, he barely ate anything BLW, for two months I watched him stare at his food. I'd give him 30 mins and if he wasn't eating anymore I'd start feeding him.

Then he gradually started eating more himself and refusing the food I was feeding him.

So in summary, I just followed his lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back