want to stay pregnant

Layla

Reaction score
after my false alarm the other night, its made me relise that i dont want to go in to labour, not coz i dont want him out, but coz i dont want to stop being pregnant just yet.

am i weird?

The midwife said i have lost my show and my cervix has started to open so it could be any day now, but i kind of wish it wasnt, im not ready to give up my bump yet, or feeling him move/kick.

Im hoping that despite of what they have said, that i can last another 2 weeks or so coz i really enjoy this stage of prengancy lol

anyone else feel like this??

I must admit I haven't missed my bump or being pregnant for 1 minute I can't say it was what I expected and didn't enjoy it one bit. Sorry if that sounds horrible :oops:

But I love my daughter to bits and much prefer her being out than in!! :D

I have to say that I have felt ambivalent...

On one hand, being pregnant earlier was great in that I experienced very few unpleasant symptoms and was generally able to be energetic. I love to feel the baby move and I glowed for most of the time.

On the other hand, since I got sick especially, being pregnant has become a real pain and hampers me and my freedom too much. PLUS the heartburn and pelvic pain are more sources of irritation. I still love to feel baby move, and can't imagine how I felt when I wasn't pregnant any more. I miss sex and I definitely can't wait to be able to put on my own shoes again!

So all in all, I want my body back! But I will miss the kicks and the laughs that my new shape has given OH and me...like the time we tried a slow dance on our anniversary and discovered that I couldn't get my arms around both of us!

Sue

So I am like one minute..."Come here and watch my belly...you always turn away just as baby moves!" :lol:

And the next, "We have planned to do this HOW many more times?"
:lol:
Sue

I am not enjoying this pregnancy one bit, it has been constant pain from start to finish, it is nice to feel baby moving and kicking and finding out it's milestones in growing etc- that bit is great and if you have had an easy pregnancy then i can understand you wanting to stay pregnant. :D

I have had SPD, water infections for weeks on end, back to back baby which is causing alot of discomfort and just generally not enjoyed it this time as i am also worried about the birth.

I loved it with Amy from start to end and it didn't bother me that i went over due either.

i have been lucky in that my pregnancy has been fairly pain free, i have mild SPD but it doesnt bother me that much, only if i do to much in the day, then it will kill in bed at night.

I did have that carpal tunnel thing at one point but that seems to have sorted itself out.

havent had any water infections (as far as i can remember)

the only thing i have found difficult this time round was the effect its all had on my emtions, i have been so up and down and even had panick attacks which was a total shock for me.

but the past 2 months or so have been great and i have loved being pregnant so much, i will defo miss Jase snuggling up to my belly and talking to it. but i defo wont miss not being able to breathe.

I just want to relax and enjoy the last 2 weeks if i have that long left.

i'm glad you are enjoying your pregnancy layla, i like the whole pregnancy thing like i say i just don't like the whole thing that comes with it!!

Best thingto experience along side giving birth and i am glad i have tried it and beent hrough it but this is definately the last for me. :D

How horrible do i sound!! Lol :shock:

Hi layla

I can honestly say hand on heart that i hate being pregnant. i like becoming pregnant :oops: and i like holding my baby, but the 9 months inbetween, hate it.

i have a constant cold, am sick for practically 8 months, and then have to have a c section as i dont seem to go into labour.

but if you ask me if it is worth it, then the answer is yes.

x

Well this is my first pregnancy and I can safely say I hate it!!!! I havnt been sick but have been uncomfortable and in pain since wk 23. I hate the way my body has changed and I know my OH finds it hard to look at me as sexy or even attractive. I do think the whole process is an amazing thing but personally the arrival of my LO wont come a minute too soon!

I had a crap pregnancy but I can't wait to do it again. I miss having that 'magic feeling' in my tummy, kicking or not yet kicking.

Thought you were desprate for him to come out Layla! :D

I was just saying to OH today that I was thinking and I honestly cannot remember anyone in the hospital over the last month saying that they were going to do it again.

The first timers were all saying, "This is my first and last, I am adopting after this!" The women who had given birth were also saying, "This one finishes us - I am done, not doing it again, this is the last etc."

They would all look at me as though I had two heads when I innocently stated that OH and I have planned four...and encourage me to "wait till you have this one, eh?"

I think it's strange. Most people say that motherhood is a rewarding, affirming experience and that people do it over and over because the little bundle is such an affirmation, and that mothers forget pain.

Sue

Hi Girls

It has really put my mind at rest reading your posts. I thought I must be awful saying I'm not enjoying being pregnant and I know when I have said that to people that have looked at me as if I am some kind of unappreciative monster :shock:

I cannot wait to meet my little girl but Ive not enjoyed the experience - like you all Ive enjoyed the milestones, the scans, the kicks etc - they are all lovely but Ive not enjoyed the other horrible bits that have come with it - the early bleeding which lasted weeks, I miss our sex life (sex is completely and utterly the last thing I feel like doing - it doesnt seem right somehow), placenta in the wrong place which means I am being scanned again soon, puffy ankles, continually weeing during the last few weeks - so much so that I now have a nappy type rash 'down there' due to how often im going :oops: - im seriously going about every 10 minutes all day and all night,

I know it will all be worth it but like some of you it just hasnt been the greatest thing and its definalty not something I think you can prepare for as everyones symptons are so different.

Roll on March 2006!

L x

Sami said:

I am coz i want to meet him, but i know i will miss my bump and feeling him move etc

I won't miss my physical difficulties but I will definitely miss the special world that is pregnancy.

Most people have treated me like I am a special amazing person because I am carrying a baby and the fuss I get from the DH is brilliant. I have felt magical right from the start.

I also think that babies are easier to look after in the belly so I am enjoying the fact that my baby is being automatically fed for a few more weeks yet.

I'm not ready to give birth just yet and I am relishing these last few kicks etc etc

layla said:
Sami said:

I am coz i want to meet him, but i know i will miss my bump and feeling him move etc

I already miss my bump and feeling a little one moving inside me, can't wait to do it all again - I can totally understand where you're coming from!

I have to say that I didn't like being pregnant even though I had a really easy time of it relatively (hated the attention, hated the mood swings and oh boy did I hate the fuzziness of my poor shrunken brain!) As soon as they wheeled me up to the ward and I lay on the bed feeling my not pregnant tum I was like "Wahey! I can bend again! Wahey! No heartburn!", I didn't even miss him moving as I could just reach out and hold him anyway. I was lucky with the labour as it wasn't too bad- I'd do that again no problem! The first two weeks were pants though it has to be said and the night feed really does my head in if I don't manage to sleep during the day BUT it is genuinely worth it, every day now (he's just over a month old) I'm more and more excited by him and all the things we'll do together and all he's learning.

We do want at least one more, and if it's a boy I'd be tempted to carry on until we had a girl actually but I think we need some distance from the struggles of the past few weeks first. (And two years worth of lovely sleep!) I guess next time around it won't be so new though so that might make the first few weeks easier? Also they say you don't find the second pregnancy so hard going mentally as you're still looking after your first and they take your mind off it. Don't know if that's true but...?

I keep thinking of my great gran though who had 9 children- thank human progress for birth control is all I can say! She must have spent most of her adult life pregnant, we modern women have a lot to be thankful for!

+++

i do not enjoy being pregnant but all them ppl that say they wont do it again???? u will lol. i hated being preg with Dior... 4months later i was preg again and it was planned!!!!!! i love having the baby but hate being big fat and round!!!

Yeah it's a lovely feeling that your baby is growing inside you but i feel like i can't wait to start getting my figure back :roll: AND i will not miss having heatburn every single day!!!

I havent enjoyed being pregnant at all either, dont get me wrong I feel completly blessed and thankful that I am able to and its the most amazing thing that can happen but its ALOT harder than I thought. I just want my body back and to stop feeling like poo every day with no energy etc etc
I know its going to hard when baba is here but at least I may feel "normal" again.
I can understand however that you must feel like somethings missing without your bump because you have been together for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back