Want to start trying, not sure we should...

CI1979

Reaction score
Hello!
I’m hoping there might be someone out there who has had a similar experience. I’ve tried Google but having no luck finding anything relevant ☹

I’ve had 2 children with another partner who are now 10 and 16 and I am now 38. I have been on the pill for one year and am due to marry my fiancé in September.
We’d originally planned to come off the pill in July to give my body time to adjust but when my pill ended on the 4th March we decided we would just stop the pill then and give myself longer to let my cycles return to normal. Before the pill I was regular as clockwork with my cycle.

I had my withdrawal bleed until the 8th March and we were supposed to be using protection after that except that we haven’t so far. We both want so much to start trying but I know this is insane as I have already ordered my wedding dress and it will not fit a bump in!
I know that you can technically become pregnant straight away but wondered whether anyone else has experienced something similar and is willing to share how quickly it has taken to get pregnant after short term use of the pill in their late 30’s?

And I could also do with someone giving me a stern talking to about using protection. I think I’m just so worried that I’m a dried up old crone and I can’t get pregnant anymore and my other half just so wants a baby that I’m getting carried away with not using protection. We just want to start trying so much but I’m not sure this is the best idea – any advice would be great xxx

Lots of people well into their 40's get pregnant and go onto have healthy pregnancies and babies.

I would say don't worry about the protection but I'm assuming you don't want to be heavily pregnant on your wedding day. Just hold off until at least Summer (but probably best waiting until the wedding - you don't want morning sickness on the day)

I’ll be nearly 37 when we TTc, and am getting married in July. Not a chance I’m willing to be pregnant. Think of the fun you’ll be missing out on if you’re pregnant, plus the honeymoon if you have one.
It’s not long to go in the grand scheme of things :)
Tell o/h “no glove no love” ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back