Want to scream...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Lulabell, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

So, hubby is back to snoring again. I've nudged him 3 times already but snores again once he falls asleep. And it just seems to get louder. I can't have a go at him as he is doing alot of things for me and baby lately. He is quitting smoking which is a very big challenge for him as he has been a smoker for a long time. He is also cooking Christmas dinner for me, my mum and her fella. But I just wish I could sleep. Think I may vacate to the lounge... :-( xx

2. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Oh hun I know exactly how you feel. The quitting smoking might have something to do with it as his airways will be adapting and trying to clear themselves out. This can produce a lot of phlegm which could be lying at the back of his throat. You could try a herbal decongestant before he goes to bed to try and clear it or a nasal spray.

When my OH snores really loudly LO jumps around like he's saying "mum tell him to shut up" lol. Our neighbours have complained about it before :shock:

Hope you managed to get some sleep xxxxxxxxxxx

3. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

O gosh my OH snores too and it's terrible. I just wear ear plugs every night. They say that what the baby hears now influences what he'll sleep through when born so I'm hoping that's the case with my little man!

4. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

Mine was the same last night. Normally if I go to sleep first then I can sleep through it alot but last night he fell asleep first and then I was up all night with him snoring. They are a nightmare its just as well we love them. lol. xxx

5. BabyBrain

The best cure for snoring I ever found is a kidney punch lol. Apparently he thought me breaking 3 of his ribs was a bit extreme :(

6. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

My OH snores terribly And I hate waking him up when he has work the next day :-( but it is so annoying he he

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

7. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

If he wears stuff in bed and it's worse when he's on his back then sewing something uncomfy in the back of T-shirt or PJs really does work!! Golf balls are quite difficult to sew in though... I'm fine as long as I manage to drop off before him, if not, all is lost!!

8. BabyBrain

My OH sleeps naked....can I use staples???? :D

9. PINK BUTTERFLY

PINK BUTTERFLY Well-Known Member

LOL Iv sneeked over from TTC section and this thread is making me giggle what is nice as done a test this morning at got a BFN :(

Thanks for putting a little smile back on my face! :)

Im lucky as my OH only snores a bit but stops when i make him get on his side! Otherwise Im with you girls and would have to do the hard aproach as need my sleep and im not even pregnant so I can imagine you all defo need some shut eye! :) x

10. pregpixie76

pregpixie76 Well-Known Member

mine has a cpap ( continuous positive air pressure) machine.if your partner snores loudly and stops for a few seconds then starts again it could be cause they are actually not breathing and while its annoying for us women it can result in death for them.so if its really that bad a trip to the sleep clinic might be needed to check for sleep apnea.

11. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I'm the one who snores out of me and OH :blush:

12. Meljs

Meljs Well-Known Member

I use ear plugs if it is really bad but most of the time I find a quick nudge to get him to go on his side works. He did use the nose strips as well for a while and they worked as well, and it was then fun listening to him complain about the pain of pulling them off in the morning!!

13. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

I feel your pain ladies. It can be soooo tiring! You just want to cry and them to shut up! Lol.

Although yest I kept waking myself up snoring lol and OH. Pay back! Lol.

X