Walking and shoes.

MrsT2011

Reaction score
After advice please ladies!

B has been cruising for ages and started taking unaided steps a while ago. He's becoming more confident and will take up to 6/7 steps at a time on his own with someone ready to catch him. Crawling is still his preferred method of transportation though!

I'm not sure if I should get him fitted for shoes yet? the thing is we go away next week so if he suddenly takes off he'll have no footwear to protect his feet. But at the same time I don't want to delay his walking by having heavy shoes/sandals that he's not ready to walk in yet.

Arrrggg this is actually stressing me lol!

I am sure I heard that you can buy cruising shoes that are a little lighter but can still be used outdoors for a wee while.
No idea from where though as I don't live in uk and didn't pay attention someone surely will know and may help you soon.

Mothercare do crawling shoes which the sole kind if comes up over the toe so it doesn't scrape iykwim
I got lo a pair for her first shoes and they were brilliant x

Never thought about cruisers! Thanks girls x

Marks and spencers now do lovely light weight cruisers and start at size 1 z

Cruisers are fab- we got Harry some at around 8 months and they lasted until his first pair of proper shoes (around age 1)

Clarks do a fab range and we got ours from a Clarke outlet near us- usually around Half the price xx

I waited til cam was walking across the room before getting his shoes. Ended up his first pair look huge ar 5 1/2G lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah get some cruisers. We got some from clarks for about £20 quid, they are soft enough so he can still feel his feet but will still protect them when waking outside

B has really big feet, his pram shoes are a 4/5 already! Thanks for the help girls x

B has really big feet, his pram shoes are a 4/5 already! Thanks for the help girls x

Clarks measure width seperately aswell so you can get the prefect shoe to support they're ickle tootsies

they dont advise you buying proper shoes until they have been walking properly i think for about 6 wks? the best way for them to find their balance is bare footed anyway. Clarks first shoes tend to be lighweight and they size in halves as well unlike most other brands, as well as the a-z in terms of their foot width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back