waking TOO early

kellie80

Reaction score
All week this week Nathans decided he wants to get up really early. Usually about 5.30 but today and yesterday it was 4.20am. Its getting silly early now :twisted: . He always goes to bed between 7 and 8pm and only has one 1 hour nap in the day so nothing has changed there. Any one got any tips cos I'm knackered?

Sorry no advice but alot of sympathy :hug: :hug:
Brody is doing exactly the same plus he's still waking a couple of times during the night too and hardly sleeps in the day either! :wall:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry no advice either, except maybe put him to bed later for a little while?
im having the same problem and thats what ive been doing :hug:

sorry i have no advice hun
Bray did that a lil while ago and noth i did changed it so we just had to ride it out
hope he sleeps better soon hun

blooming heck is there something in the water cuz christopher has been doing this as well for the last 3/4 weeks. he goes to bed around 7 and has been waking at 10pm 12am and wide awake at 4/5am im also knackerd so i know how u all feel :?

last night he went to bed just after 7pm and just as we were going to bed at 10pm he was WIDE awake DANCING in his cot but as soon as we left him he screamed the house down so we brought him downstairs to tire him out only that took from 10pm - 3.30am!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :roll:

then he woke at 5am so we had to get up...im sat here half asleep scared that he will do the same thing tonight please cross ur fingers 4 me that he stays asleep :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I can't help, but do hope it doesn't last long as it must be tiring as you say, very best wishes Kellie :hug: :hug: :hug: Could you offer him something to eat about 1hr before his last meal? Maybe he's just not quite full at bedtime? I'm just guessing, maybe let him get in bed with you, to sleep until 7? Do you have a door bouncer? tire him out :think: :lol:

When he wakes up leave him in his cot and get him a bottle of milk. Let him drink it in his cot and then put his dummy back in(if he has one), take the bottle away and leave the room. I have no idea if this will work for you but it works for me. Jake wakes up at about 7am and after his bottle he usually goes back to sleep for a while. The other day he fell back to sleep until 10am so I had a lovely lie in :D

Gemma & Jake said:
When he wakes up leave him in his cot and get him a bottle of milk. Let him drink it in his cot and then put his dummy back in(if he has one), take the bottle away and leave the room. I have no idea if this will work for you but it works for me. Jake wakes up at about 7am and after his bottle he usually goes back to sleep for a while. The other day he fell back to sleep until 10am so I had a lovely lie in :D

OMG 7am would be a lovely lie in. I'm lucky if he sleeps till 5.30 :x

Nathan goes completely hysterical if we go in his room in the morning and walk back out without him so I have to grab him quick before he wakes the girls up. He has me wrapped round his little finger :roll:

I would try giving him a weetabix with some of his bedtime milk.

Other than that, im all out.

i can give no advice on sleep as my son and sleep cannont be used in the same sentance

D has been waking up at 5.30 i have tried a variety of things getting on saofa with him letting him get up for an hour and play theen back to cot or just rocking him till he can say awake no more but to be honest he is still waking at 5.30 so i guess i am just joining the club
and sending sympathetic hugs

Seems quite common then :x
Nathan had a lie in till 6.20am this morning, apparently! I wasn't here as my mum baby sat :roll:

Well its about 4 weeks hes being doing it for now and there still no lie in. He has changed slightly though, now he just starts crying in his sleep :? Its like hes still really tired but fighting to wake up. I try for about half and hour to get him back off but then I have to get him up before he wakes Aimee. Then he whines and moans all morning that hes tired. My only thought is maybe hes waking cos hes hungry but I've tried giving him supper and it hasn't worked. Guess I'm just stuck with it :twisted:

I know Ryan is a lot younger but he's been doing this too. I just give him more milk for his evening feed and I've been doing his 1 baby rice session in the late afternoon now instead of mid day. If he does wake tho (5am :wall:) we get up with him, put him on the playmat and let him tire himself til he starts whinging and wants to sleep again. Usually takes him 30-45 minutes to tire himself out, then he'll go back to sleep for another couple of hours if we co-sleep.

I was going to post this before I read yours! Fin was up at 5;30 today and we just had his bday party this afto - so we are all shattered! I wish I had an answer for us all. Me and OH take turns at getting Fin up and breakfast while the other has an lie in. :sleep:

Well I tried last night giving him a whole weetabix before bed, plus he drank 9oz of milk and i kept him up till 9pm. It made no difference at all. He was still up at 5.30 and hasn't even had any more sleep today. I just don't get it :?

I'm having the same problem.
Here's something to try. It worked for me last time he got in to the habit of waking that early. I'm going to try tonight.

If he is waking at 5.30, set your alarm for about 5.10 then go in and stir him so that he semi-wakes. This will take him in to a lighter sleep and get him out of the habit of the early waking.

Might be worth a go???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back