Wakes up in her cot

Jazz187

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some help putting Aleena to sleep, especially at night.

Everytime i put her in the cot she wakes up, i let her fight and sometimes she goes to sleep, but majority of the time she looks at me wide awake and starts smiling.

I have tried to give her a feed-bath-feed, which worked the other day but ive just started this routine so still early days.
But last night i did the same around 8pm and Aleena didnt go into her cot until about 3am and then woke up again at around 4am (i think).

But saying that i had a lay in until 1pm, so i did catch up with my sleep.

I feel really bad because i never spend any time with OH, because Aleena takes all my time.

Its normally now i tell my OH to go to sleep, while i'll attend to Aleena.

Any suggestions

Aw hun it's still such early days. I know it can be hard sticking to a routine...just check out "the no sleep club" thread. We are all busy trying to find ways to make our babies sleep more!!
To answer your question directly I would say...Try the routine some more, and maybe try shuffling nap times to make her more tired at bedtime :)

have the same problem, we put libby to bed (cot) she hates it, i end up putting her in with me and my poor hubby sleeps at the end of the bed :roll: if she manages to fall asleep in cot she wakes up and doesn't want to go back to sleep, un less i put her in with me then she goes off in seconds, i know i shouldn't put her in with me as its a big no no, and obviously she will prefer it with me but i cant make the change or dont how to :wall: im shattered and need sleep as libby gets up at 5 every morning and im up with her 5 times through the night :shock:

Hi Amy,

i do the same some nights when i need some sleep, Aleena will sleep in the bed, once shes asleep i put her in the cot, when i do that she wakes up.

Once Aleena is awake is wont go to sleep until night, so shes up for a good 8-12hrs. the only way she naps is when i take her out for a walk,

do you walk at night or did you mean in the day? trying to get her to sleep now, god are we having a time of it. :wall: the thing is she has a dummy if that falls out, i have to get up every time to put it in!!! she still has milk through the night, sometimes 2 full 180 mls. she eats all day as well so shes not hungry. i just dont know how to get her through the night, read on the other threads leave them for a bit, just did that and shes made herself sick from crying, bless her.

Amy

I normally go for a walk during the day around the afternoon, give Aleena some fresh air, and she falls asleep in her pram.

Shes just gone to sleep now and shes in her cot, which is good sign, hope she sleeps for some time.

Dylan was da same so i just put him in bed wiv me i no i shouldnt of :shock:

It's easy for me to say as i only had a couple of bad weeks with Abi but you're making rods for your own backs giving in to them and putting them in your bed, my friends little boy is now 5 and still won't sleep in his own bed, guess i learnt from her mistakes.

Have you tried a cot mobile, i have a tomy star thing which plays music and projects pictures on the ceiling i can put Abi in her cot and he will watch it and go off to sleep, she's got that good now that i don't always use it, i only tend to put it on if i dont think she's that tired.

Hope i haven't upset anyone writing that, not critisisng anyone just trying to help :)

Manda x

Hi, I had the same problem with kacy when she was first born she just didnt like her moses basket she prefered her pram top, but to be fair it was during christmas and we were out so she wasnt in a routine, we started putting her in moses basket and letting her cry and she feel asleep, i no its hard but it does work just leave them for five minutes and then go in pick them up wait till they calm down and put them back, thats how we did it, she is now in her cot we find putting her in their was really easy cos we did everything in her room so she was used to it, e.g changed, bath, nappy change. kacy has only been sleeping through for about three four weeks, i got this idea from a women i was talking on the bus, the last feed at night 10.30-11 give them a feed but a scoop of baby rice in, it worked for the first night then didn't work until we put her in her own cot, now i do that and she sleeps through until about 8 sometimes 10 i hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back