Waiting game...

cornishfairy

Reaction score
Well after having our second SA the doctor has re-submitted our referral to the fertility clinic (who initially said we'd have to wait 2 years since our MC) because the SA results were poor again. So good news that we'll get seen sooner than we hoped but bad news that it seems less likely we'll ever get their naturally and hubby is finding it really hard to deal with, saying its all his fault. I'm just terrified they won't offer many funded attempts at ivf (looked at local clinic site and it just says patient dependant) and we can't afford to go private now I'm self employed. Just playing the waiting game now, checking the letterbox for an appointment date and hoping it won't be too far off.
One thing I have found out is that the fertility clinic in cornwall can do tests, diagnosis, drugs etc but doesn't actually do any treatments, so if we do get offered ivf it'll mean a 3 hour round trip each time! Still, it's worth it if it helps but I just hope sitting in the car for ages doesn't make me extra nervous! Anyway, thats a loooooong way off. Any advice, personal experiences, etc would be more than welcome :) x

It's so hard to get your head round isn't it, but best to be in the system if you need it. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who catch naturally while waiting.

The change in funding/wait sounds about right - the 2 years is for unexplained infertility but if you have a diagnosed cause it's usually 1 year.

Good luck with everything. If it comes to it, IVF is tough but when it's successful it's more than worth it

Thanks :) Did you get all your 3 rounds of ivf on the nhs? Looked at the stats for our area and it looked like an average of 30% chance per cycle so I'm hoping we get as many chances as possible! X

We did 2 on nhs then one clinical trial although we were entitled to 3 on nhs. We really wanted to give something back hence the trial.

30% per go sounds about right as well. That's why they suggest 3 goes as most people who can get pregnant with it will in that time. It's so sad that there's such a difference across the country, I feel so lucky to live here

Will keep everything crossed that we are offered 3, and also that we don't need to use them all ;) xxx

You can find your pct's policy online if you know which one you're in

We're Cornwall (think Cornwall and devon are all one). Found info on their success rates etc but could only find something that said nhs funded cycles, patient dependent :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back