Waiting for AF :(

BabyRey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to this forum and I was just after a bit of advice.
My husband and I want to start TTC soon and so I went off the pill in Jan this year (after 11 years on pill). I had a withdrawal bleed and now it has been 31 days with no AF in sight. I've read up about this a lot and I know it does take some time. A lot of ladies have suggested Vitex agnus-castus (AC). Is it too early for me to start taking this? Should I wait it out. I'm so frustrated and apart of me feels like my body has let me down.
Sorry for the rant.. :confused::af:

I took 48 days for my first AF to arrive after 8 years on the pill and it took about 6 months for my period to stabilise I am never going back on the pill! Hopefully you won't be affected as much as I was. Im still waiting for my BFP. Good luck xxx

In my opinion you should wait it out. Your body needs time to figure out what is natural because it has no real idea after so long on the pill. And it's not until you come off it that you realise just how much work it does to suppress nature! I hope you stabilise soon and can begin TTC!

Thank you for your reply Michelle and Broody. I should wait it out I know it's just so frustrating and I am not a patient person. I would have stopped the pill a year ago or more had I known it was going to take 6+ months to stabilize my body. So back to just waiting...

Hey, yea I agree with the others, you should wait it out and do natural things like eating healthy etcc...

Try not to worry about what you should of done just be excited that your trying for a baby, it may take time but you will get there in the end! Time goes so quickly, when I started TTC last year I was so focused on having a baby by a certain date and it just drives you crazy, just take each week as it comes enjoy it :) xxxx

Hi BabyRey! I don't have any advice really but just wanted to say you're not alone! I came off the pill in Jan too, and I had my withdrawal bleed then one really regular 29 day cycle (OV on day 17). I'm now day 31 of cycle two and haven't even OV yet.

It's so annoying and I'm so very impatient, but I know I have to just wait!

I also considered using Angus Castus, but I'm concerned it might just messing with my hormones even more?! Plus, I know it's used by ladies trying to shorten their cycle, but the info leaflet says not to use it if your TTC which scared me!

Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone!

Thanks Tina, your right it is driving me crazy which is exactly what is going to make it take longer. I have very mild cramps today which are weird- I'm hoping like mad that they are the beginning of AF. So fingers crossed.
Hi BabyFrog! I too am unsure about angus castus... Is sounds like a magic pill to fix cycles but I'm not 100% convinced yet. After popping the pill every day for years I would like my body to have the cycle on its own without adding anything foreign. How are you testing for OV? Temping or OPKs? Thanks again for the replies ladies, it's nice to talk with people who understand xxx

Hi and welcome, I'd been on the pill about 12-13 years and couldn't believe what it had done to my body! Mine was complicated as I was then diagnoses with PCOS and found out I wasn't ovulating but my friend conceived within a few months. Hope your TTC journey is a short one x

I'm temping and doing OPKs. Just cheapie ones off amazon but last month when I did OV I had a really clear positive from them! I've been a bit lazy OPKing the past few days because I was fed up.

I've had a massive temp drop this morning though. Fingers crossed that's an OV dip but not getting my hopes up! It was heartening to think at least something 'different' was happening after 30 days of nothing ha ha!

That sounds like a good sign BabyFrog! Fingers crossed for you. Do you think the cheap OPKs work? I wanted to get some but I'm a little unsure if they will accurate. They waiting and nothing happening is really hard. Still waiting for my AF :(

Hey baby Rey.
I was only the pill to, i was only on it for about a year and when I come off it took a few months for my body to go back to normal. I agree with the other ladies, wouldn't add another pill or anything and just let your body go natural so it can sort itself out and find its normal cycle etc good luck hun xxx

Well they haven't picked up a surge this month because I haven't had one yet :(

Last month though when I was 'normal' they worked perfectly. I always get a second line (sometimes darker than others and sometimes almost as dark as the control line) but when I had my positive there was no second guessing, the test line was much darker than the control line.

I've stopped buying the others and only use the cheapies now. I'm really happy with them and it means I can POAS several times a day if I think I'm almost surging without breaking the bank!

You do need to do them in the afternoon though after not drinking or weeing for as long as you can (2 hours min I'd say) so that's a bit annoying. Using FMU for Clear Blue was much more convenient!

X

Last edited:
Hi all, this is TMI so be aware.
I'm still waiting for AF and this morning I had a big blob of jelly CM. It was clearish white and quite big- about the size of a coin! I've never had anything like this before. It's very unlikely k am pregnant so is this late ovulation? Or just my AF arriving? Thanks for any information.

Just got a smiley OPK meaning peak fertility! Jelly blob must be a sign of ovulation! So happy I'm ovulating even though it's CD33 its better than not ovulating at all!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back