Waiting for AF after MC+BFN

traceyh333

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had a miscarriage on the 6th July and usually my period comes every 28/30days-AF due today. I have done a few negative tests (me and hubby started trying again as soon as bleeding stopped). Just wondering,will my period return as normal? Going off my head thinking 'Am I or Not' and judging my BFN I know I'm not but then I'm half hoping I tested too soon. Any ideas? I think I am just playing the waiting game for AF. I did an Early Response Preg Test this morning and it the latest in a long line of negatives. I am disappointed but not overly so as we will try again as soon as AF appears. I was 7weeks along and had my 'main' bleeding,which I counted as my 'AF' that month,on the July so should have ovulated on 20th July. We began trying as soon as bleeding stopped so we were exhausted,lol :wink: I just wish AF would come and get back on track as I would know for sure my body was ready for our 2nd baby. Am I right in thinking I am def not pregnant? Or would there be any any chance I tested too soon? Early Response say it can detect HCG 6 days before period due,I got my BFN today-the day my period due(28days cycle) or just two days before if my cycle was 30days. How long 'should' it be til AF comes? If she doesn't appear soon,what should I do? How long do I 'just wait'?xx Any ideas?xx

Hey, apparently it can take your body up to 6 months to get back into your normal cycle. Saying that, I miscarried end of May. Then found out I was pregnant again 19th June. I was so sure I was pregnant, but kept getting negative tests. Finally went and got a clear blue digital, and it came up straight away. Pregnant 1-2. Had early scan and only put me back 2 days, so I ovulated 2 days later than normal. Really surprised me, as I bled for 2 weeks!

Hi Tori,
How many negatives did you get? Did you wait til AF was due to do HPT? I am now 4weeks after my MC and still getting negatives but no sign of AF. I just wish it would hurry up and arrive to get trying again!!

Hi Tori,
How many negatives did you get? Did you wait til AF was due to do HPT? I am now 4weeks after my MC and still getting negatives but no sign of AF. I just wish it would hurry up and arrive to get trying again!!

I got a whole bunch of those cheap little cheap tests that are supposed to be extra sensitive. I started testing about 4 days before AF should have been due as I felt pregnant. Got the positive on the digi the day before AF due. But the cheap tests still showed negative for another 3 or 4 days. Thought I was going out of my mind. Even GP said it may be hormones playing up after miscarriage.

It is really frustrating huh. Have you tried different brand tests? Obviously the clear blue ones work best for me. Some of the girls said the Superdrug ones are good.

Good luck x

Thank you so much Tori. I did an Early Response one y'day and it was negative too so I doubt we are pregnant,this time :-( Just want AF to hurry up!! Good Luck with your pregnancy. How far long are you?xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back