Waiting for 1st Appointment

BTurley01

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did a test on 9th September and showed Pregnant 1-2 Weeks. Did one on the following day as well to be sure and showed the same.

I now have my first appointment booked in for 14th October. Its seem so far away :( This is my first baby so very nervous. We have told our parents and family members but noone else as very early days and will probably wait until our first appointment to tell others.

I am anxious as I am having stomach cramps which i have read can be normal in the early stages. I have not had any bleeding/spotting but just stomach pains here and there. I even had a sharp pain today just bellow my belly which was a bit worrying. Is this normal?

I am also potentially starting a new job in a couple of weeks so am also nervous about telling them. It is 99% sure the job is mine they are just finalizing details. I worry the will be annoyed that they have just hired me and now I am potentially (if all goes well) going to be off on Maternity leave next year. I also want to wait until my doctors appointment to tell work I am pregnant but feel I owe it to tell them as soon as I can. And from the dates they will know I knew I was pregnant before they hired me. But i don't want to tell them and risk not getting the job which is selfish I know.

Any advice/chat would be greatly received :)

Thanks All, looking forward to getting to know some of you on here through my pregnany hopefully :D

Hi, welcome and congratulations!

I would hold off telling work for now, they shouldn't comment on you knowing you were pregnant when you took the job. You can always say it is a shock and you didn't find out until later.

I'm also waiting for our first appointment. Although this is my 4th pregnancy I've never got as far as the appointment before so I am totally clueless as to what happens.

I've also had a few random pains, I'm assuming it is everything stretching. Mine are very on and off, some days I don't get them at all.

1st appointment with midwife is blood taken, wee sample, questions about family etc for illness etc like that takes about an hour well did for me on both first appointments. That's it really on first appointments well mine was anyways and they just fill out stuff for the hospital for your scan etc

I have an appointment on Wednesday, I will be 6+5 to see a midwife at the doctors xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back