Waiting and waiting!!!

XoxoRox

Reaction score
I'm going to apologize in advance for my rant... "I'm sorry".

Waiting to try is absolutely excruciating as most of you know. There are some days when I feel positive and I know that the time will come, but then there are days like today when it becomes overwhelmingly frustrating. I've been bugging my husband about TTC for what seems like an eternity now (.. Like a year, I'm being dramatic) and we finally agreed that when we close on our home in October that we would start trying. Part of me didn't even get my hopes up until he told his father and stepmother. I wish he never told them this because I know my husband too well and he's going to come up with another excuse to not TTC. It used to be that we didn't own a home and we were renting, so now we are buying a home. Now he is beginning to complain about his job and how he needs to find a new job... HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! It's all about settling into a new job before we start trying. It's always one thing after another with him and it drives me crazy. I've been making such an effort to not nag him about the subject, but it's painful to see less prepared people announcing their pregnancies left and right while my husband finds excuses. I just want to start a family with him!! :(

Rant over!

For many people there's never the "right time" to try for a baby. And there's no guarantee that baby will be instantly created once you start TTC either. What part of having unprotected sex does he think he can't cope with while starting in/looking for a new job?! It's not like he needs to have been working there a certain amount of time before he can claim proper maternity rights, unlike you!

I think it is worth preparing for an assertive chat with him, as it is not fair to keep stringing you along like this. xxx

Last edited:
For many people there's never the "right time" to try for a baby. And there's no guarantee that baby will be instantly created once you start TTC either. What part of having unprotected sex does he think he can't cope with while starting in/looking for a new job?! It's not like he needs to have been working there a certain amount of time before he can claim proper maternity rights, unlike you!

I think it is worth preparing for an assertive chat with him, as it is not fair to keep stringing you along like this. xxx

I agree and thank you for the response! I actually brought the subject up a little while ago and we are going to start ASAP! He agrees that switching jobs will be fine. Like you said, maternity rights is my issue and I'm very happy with my career., thankfully! :)

Before we got pregnant with our daughter we always used to make excuses especially my other half I used to get upset thinking we will never have a baby. We were no where near in a good position to have a baby but we ended up having a surprise pregnancy and we were so happy and everything just fell into place after that. Happy to hear that you are getting closer to starting your family!

Before we got pregnant with our daughter we always used to make excuses especially my other half I used to get upset thinking we will never have a baby. We were no where near in a good position to have a baby but we ended up having a surprise pregnancy and we were so happy and everything just fell into place after that. Happy to hear that you are getting closer to starting your family!

Thank you, and I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for you. :) Seems like everything happens for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back