waaah :'(

bbee

Reaction score
great... so ive finished my antibiotics to get rid of bacterial infection in vagina, and now i have thrush. major thrush. it hurts, itches and its looks all swollen.. :'(
what can i do without having to drag myself up to the doctors? -.- is there any home remedies? does that yoghurt thing really work?!
thanks x x x

That's highly common , antibiotics cause thrush. It's a vicious circle I had infections and thrush for a couple of months last year it sucked! I'd go to your pharmacist and ask them what you can use while pregnant :)
I would be carful putting yoghurt and stuff like that down there incase it causes another infection! Haha.

Xx

Hey chicken.
I've also get thrush went to doctors yesterday and they prescribe my cream and pessary with Applicator.
You'll see from my thread about some women being careful using applicators. I've spoken to my midwife and doctor this morning and they both say applicator is fine and they only don't Reccomend this to women who are in third trimester and cervix's are low. Plus putting it in with fingers can make infection worse so I feel much better about that now.
Get to your doctors today chick and they will prescribe you canestan
Your pharmacist will give you nothing without advice from doctor x

Thank you ladies :)
Blehhhh feel so awful! It's just one thing after another. I hate having to go to the doctors, I have to get up at about half six to ring, just to be out on hold for an hour, to book an appointment -.- and it's all the way at the other end of town :( eurghhh!!! I feel like the doctors is my second home at the moment :p :( xxx

cant you call them and ask for a telephone appoinment?

xxx

Unfortunately honey they have to see you when your pregnant for thrush they wont diagnose you over the phone :( x

My doctors wrote a prescription for me without seeing me for thrush, but I ended up going back again for swabs and I put another prescription in last week for it again lol I have had thrush in the past and I used natural yoghurt which did help but it didn't clear up very quickly and it's quite messy to do. It does ease the itching if you smear a bit on but no where near as effective as canesten. Shame your doctors is real effort to get to etc I'm lucky I could walk to mine. I've tried to get used to things not being ok down there lol I've forgotten what it's like to have a normal vagina with normal discharge that looks normal and isn't swollen etc :s lol xxx

Thanks ladies :)
And lol, roxyroo!! Me too!! I've forgotten what it's like to have a normal feeling/looking vagina!!:lol: xxx

Ha ha I doubt it will ever look the same lol the next time I see it it will probably still look funny lol x

Lol! Gosh, I hope not!!! :lol: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back