Vomiting or sick a lot in the evenings.

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi guys -

Back around the week of Hallowe'en, Naomi came home ill from the creche. She had "fainted" or gone all limp and floppy and they were worried. I brought her straight into the doctor and doc gave her a letter for the paediatric ER which is about 20 miles away. By the time we got there she had thrown up a little but was otherwise recovered. Recovered enough to fight over the toys in the waiting room! They took her temps and checked her out and all was well.

The next day she was ill and vomiting, and the next just ill, so we kept her out of the creche all that week and didn't send her back until the Monday. She was fine then though I felt that her colour wasn't right or she didn't eat all that much.

That Friday she threw up again - and again - and again. I rang the creche and they told me two of the staff and three other kids had the same thing. She was better by Monday and again had a good day. Her colour was back and she started eating again - but she had terrible gas - her burps smelled terrible. We discovered that the creche had given her sausages, which don't agree with her.

Tuesday night, she threw up again, and again, and again. She was fine by the morning though and we sent her to the creche where she had a good day - only to come home here and throw up copiously again, all over OH, who was wearing a business suit at the time! Sofa ruined too - oh well.

She is going to the doctor tomorrow.

Has anyone any idea what this might be? Surely a bug would just go instead of resurfacing like that?

2007 was for us the year of the upper respiratory infection. It looks as though 2008 will be the year of the stomach bug.

Sue

Can I just confirm - every time she's ill is it after she's been to creche?

It's horrible when they're poorly, I hope she stops being sick soon :hug:

Hi Kina - yes, and the woman who runs the place was up all night scrubbing all her surfaces with bleach in case it was in the building. Everyone seems to be over it now though. The doc said it just has to run its course. OH has since been sick, and it's taking its time to go away.

Sue

How is she now? Sounds like it could have been something from the creche :? There are some nasty bugs around at the mo, my two have had a chesty cold thing for over a fortnight which they passed onto myself and DH which is still hanging around. Must be the time of year for all the nasties to come out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back