Vomiting - how normal is it?

clareybell

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm just looking for some advice. Lately, my sickness has been getting worse and worse. I'm now at the point where I'll wake up, bring up some bile (sorry tmi), then can't stomach anything til mid morning, have a small lunch but feeling sick all the time, then managing to have tea, but then bringing everything up before I go to bed! It's just really exhausting me at the moment and I'm really starting to struggle with work.

So was just wondering, are most of you getting this kind of thing, or is it something I should see midwife about? I've tried different remedies and tried eating biscuits and stuff, but its just not working anymore!

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just feeling a bit down :(

If your started to struggle I'd def speak to midwife, even if its just to put your mind at rest

I've had no nausea or physically being sick but I'm suffering from constipation and diarrhoea (can't believe you can get both but you can!) it's starting to cause serious issues with my sleep and I don't function without some form of sleep :(

It's normal but if you get too sick just becareful as you don't want to be dehydrated. With my son I couldn't go anywhere and I was being sick I had take a carrier bag with me. This time I've had nausea. You could ask your midwife or doctor for some anti sickness but I've heard travel sickness bands help but never used them myself xx

I'd say speak to your doc or midwife as that sounds worse than normal morning sickness. I too am suffering with it all at the mo, yesterday the only thing I finally managed to keep down was a small dinner everything else came up including just water. I had it very severe with my daughter got given tablets and was nearly hospitalised so just be careful, especially with dehydration in this warmer weather.

I would speak to your midwife. It is fairly normal, but they need to make sure you are getting the nutrients you need. I was very sick the whole way through with my first. Had to take supplements daily, and almost had to get admitted to hospital to go on a drip.

It is normal but it s not pleasant and v draining :(have a chat with your mw

Im off work because i feel so bad, but have to admit that after taking the tablets doc gave me ive started to feel a bit better and not being sick anymore. Still feel a bit sick tho and im still very weak and dizzy but im getting there. I wud defo speak to your doc or mw there is sumthing they can do for you hun.

Michelle. x

Thank you ladies - your responses definitely make me feel I'm not alone! I think I'll see if it settles any the rest of this week and if not ill ring midwife on Friday, thanks again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back