Vitamins & Supplements

KatysMummy

Reaction score
What vitamins & supplements are everyone taking whilst TTC?? :?

Hiya,

Initially I took Boots own folic acid but then changed to Sanatogen pro natal tablets, they're huge that's the only prob. for me. I did try the pregnacare coz it has more B12 in it than the Sanatogen ones and that's supoosed to be good for headaches but it didn't make any difference!
To be honest i've been naughty lately and keep forgetting to take them.
Also when I saw the doc last Wednesday, she told me to take Actimel as it's very good for boosting your immune system, it also helps with wind!! :lol:
I had been taking the tablets for about 4 months prior to conceiving, i actually started to take them about a month before we started trying for real (if that makes sense!)

Are you taking anything?

Nicki. :D

Hi Nicki,

Thanks for your reply. I am taking Sanatogen Pronatal, a small amount of vitamin C & Omega 3. Most stuff I'm trying to boost with my diet, I'm just curious as it took us ages to decide what I should take, and still I'm not totally sure!!

Em xx

To be honest I think any of these vit & mins. are fine, as long as you're taking folic acid and eating plenty of fruit and veg you'll have no probs.
( need to practice what I preech - just eaten a load of Rolo's and still haven't taken my pronatal tablet ! :lol: )

I have been taking the Sanatogen Pronatal since trying to conceive, and probably will continue throughout breastfeeding.

Must be doing the job as I've avoided all colds, and at all my blood tests, my iron count has been really high.

I also drink loads of skimmed milk so calcium levels should be good too.

LBxx

I'm taking folic acid and I'm relying on my diet for the rest of my vitamins, I eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg so hopefully that should do the job.

I'm just taking folic acid too. Also eating my 5 a day and a balanced diet.
Sam xx

before i got my bfp i was eating really healthy but the last 2 weeks i cant seem to get much healthy food down me not got much appetite am taking my folic acid every day but nothing else maybe will have a look in boots 2moro xxx

i take sanatogen pronatal aswell. I have been taking it for 4 months or so now whilst ttc they are pretty big tablets! I have heard that people have had weird side effects with some others! The tesco's here have my vits on offer buy one get one free so i stocked up!

How long you been ttc Em?

xx

Thanks for all your replies, I think I'm doing the right thing with taking Pronatal. I had also heard that some of the others had given strange side effects.

We've been TTC since April, but my cycles are a bit erratic still. Am really hoping this is going to be our month, I am using ovulation sticks this month, so I feel like we're taking a more pro-active approach even though really, we are doing nothing differently!!

How long has it been for you Blackfairykitten??

Em xx

I've been trying since april too! but this will be my fourth month charting which has helped to know whats going on. Also My name is Emma! spooky?

Wow!! That is spooky!! Whats your OH's name? Don't tell me Gary coz that would be scary!!

How are you finding charting? We are getting married in December, so have got loads going on at the moment. If we haven't got our BFP by the new year, we are going to start charting. :)

No it's Matt your safe!
Charting is okay it takes a bit of getting used to remembering every morning though but it gives you evidence if it comes to visiting the doctors. By end of december i will have been charting for 6 months so if i haven't got my bfp by then i will toddle off to the doctors with my charts!

We were at the docs the other day & happened to mention that we are trying, & she was great. She said if we wanted to go in in the new year, there are lots of tests they can do before we've been trying for a year, so if it comes to referral to the hospital, she can refer us dead on a year!! I thought that was really good, as we hadn't given it a thought, & didn't think they would do anything until we had been trying for at least a year.

How often do you BD? We are doing it every day. I have read in some books that every other day is more benficial, & some dispute that. Its hard to know what to do for the best as there is so much conflicting info, but hopefully being relaxed about it will work for us!!

Hi Emma,

Did your doc say what kind of tests they can do before you've been trying for a year?

That's really good news that your doc is positive and supportive, hopefully you won't need any tests.

You've much more stamina than us doing it every day! In the books we've got it basically says the more BD the better. We kind of build it up from every couple of nights in the time just after my AF to at least every other night if not every night in the really fertile phase of my cycle. It's very tiring though but good exercise! Who needs the gym when your TTC. :lol:

Hi Bagpuss,

Glad to see you got your positive result on oyur ovulation sticks. I'm up to day 16 today, so theres stiil hope for me yet!!

My doc didn't say what tests she could do, and I am a bit reluctant to ask until we are considering having anything done - silly I know but maybe its superstition!!

I don't know where we get the energy to BD every day to be honest, especially as we both work shifts. In a way I think that helps, as we never manage to get into a routine!! Certainly doesn't help for relaxing whilst TTC though!! As for the gym - I do need it!! I've put weight on whilst TTC, as have been trying to have a better diet, which for me also means eating more. Now I eat too much!! OH is lucky, and can eat all day every day.

Thanks for the tip on the pronatal BOGOF Blackfairykitten - we went and stocked up at Tesco!!

Girls, Just wanted to let you know, I am from Pennsylvania, and I am now taking Centrum Chewables. I cannot (and will not) take a swallow vitamin. Seems the convenience of chewing it up and swallowing it is perfect. Anyway let me know if you think it is OK to be taking all of the vitamins. It is 100% of you daily almost everything. Is too much bad??

Hi

i think you need to be careful with vitamin A but not 100% sure.

Hi Emma,

Oooh yes, definitely stick with the OV sticks. Remember that the pre-ovulatory phase of your cycle can vary from month to month, so you can ovualate at any time. I was later last month, day 21..so perservere until you get a positive result.

My chart is tallying up with the results as well, I got my temp shift yesterday morning which means I ovulated on Friday. I had sharp pains on Friday on my right side so that must have been my egg being released...

With regard to vitamins, if in doubt check with your doc. Apart from folic acid I prefer to get them from my diet.

YEAY YEAY!! Day 19 and I got my positive on my ovulation stick!! Thanks for that Bagpuss, I was starting to worry I wouldn't get one!! Off to jump the OH now!!

Em xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back