Vitamin K Jab

Louise1973

Reaction score
Been reading up on this and just wanted to see what percentage of parents opted for the jab.

It seems to me that it is worth the risk in giving vitamin K to a newborn - but it also appears that giving it orally is the best option. so is this readily available, or do you have to ask for it specifically?

Cheers.

Mine had the jab. It was done pretty much straightaway so I don't know if the oral was an option too - i never really thought to ask!

You will be asked how you want your LO to have it. Jake had the injection. I think if it is taken orally it is taken over a number of days :think:

Why not do a poll? :)

Thanks ladies.

Hmmm a poll - good idea.... not sure I have the techie knowledge tho :oops: :think:

here babys only have the jab if they are prem.. if not they get the oral drops after birth then when they are a few days old

must admit cant remember being asked but i know both of mine had the jab because it is in their notes

I was asked at a midwife appointment how i wanted Keeley to have the vitamin K and i chose for her to have it by jab :)

lol.. nasty mammy!! lol

charl had jab to but nopw they dont unless they are prem here

We opted for the jab - think the options are because they did research and linked the jab to something or other so started giving it orally. Then they realised that the research was a load of rubbish so they offer the option now. If you have the jab it's over and done with whereas the drops are done in 2 doses over a period of months.

damon had the jab i got asked to sign a form before i went into labour and then they doubled checked before they gave it him.

Aidan had the jab but I cant remember how the other 2 had it.

ryan had the injection while i was on the bed sorting out the placenta lol :rotfl: i probly had to sign something, cant remember tho

Henry had the jab, I just thought I would have enough to worry about when I got home without trying to remember and attempt to give it to him orally!

Devils advocate here again....None of mine have had it, i'm careful with my diet so why should my babe be lacking and i breast feed.

Also there are reports that it can cause leukemia......as its toxic......so no way am i going down that road. Why interfere with a healthy happy bouncing baby and stick things in it ????????????????????????????????????????????

But its all about choice....

Wow... you get a choice these days? :rotfl:

I don't think I was allowed to choose... Tia sorta popped out and had the jab and that was it.. But she was rushed away and given all sorts of things and I was just happy she was alive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back