Vitamin D

tinkerbates

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

So I was taking Pregnacare but it was making me 'go' a LOT and giving me awful stomach cramps. So I have stopped that and I'm taking just Folic Acid. I know I should take Vitamin D too but I can't find anything that's the right dose. Any ideas? xx

Hi tinkerbates, i have a supplement from boots that is folic acid and Vit D together, i haven't gone for pregnacare this time as they made me feel so sick and the iron really made me constipated (tmi).

Google them there about £3.00 and you get 60 tablets xx

I take the Vitabiotics osteo care ones. Vit D, calcium, folates and omega. Just no iron :(

I'm taking the centrum-during pregnancy tablets, my GP approved them. So far no nasty side effects from them :)

I'd go for one that contains folate rather than folic acid :)

You can get vit d on it's own in superdrug tinkerbates. The pregnacare have 10 mcg and the superdrug ones have 12.5 mcg so they would be ok for you xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 8
I can't take pregnacare because it makes me sick.

I take folic acid, multivitamin and vit D. I will start taking liquid iron soon too.

wow I was told not to take Vit D unless told by the doctor...were you girls told too or are you taking by yourselves??

You can buy the right dose in Boots I think, I used to take separate folic acid and vitamin d x

The recommendation where I am is that pregnant and breastfeeding women should be taking 10mcg vit d daily. It would be worth it at this time of year as there's not much sun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back