Vinegar - good or bad?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Toria111, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

So last night I went in to the kitchen looking for something to eat, and I found myself taking a sip of malt vinegar. I have no idea why, just did it. The funny thing is that within 15 mins my nausea went and I felt so much better! Just did it again about 20 mins ago, and again I feel much better. So I'm thinking it may be my personal morning sickness cure!

Thing is I'm not sure if its good or not to be drinking (tiny sip) something so acidic. Hmmmm.

2. timtam78

timtam78 Well-Known Member

I know that a bit of cider vinegar a day is supposed to be good for you, especially for acid reflux.
    Not sure about malt vinegar though. I guess it's ok if you don't overdo it, too much vinegar *I think* is bad for the stomach.

#2 timtam78, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  3. timtam78

timtam78 Well-Known Member

ps. when I was last pregnant I found myself eating lots of pickled stuff like gerkins

4. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just our bodies craving something acidic.... Also keep eating fruit. The majority of which are acidic.

5. CountryGirl

CountryGirl Well-Known Member

I think it will be fine Hun. I had a tablespoon the other day to help with heartburn and it worked! X