Very worried about first scan...

Julia

Reaction score
Hi all

I am coming up to 11 weeks pregnant and have my first scan in just over a weeks time. I know this sounds like a terribly negative question but does anyone know the chances of having a "missed miscarriage". I am terrified that they will find no heart beat or no baby! Would I have had a sign by now? I have had absoultely no bleeding or serious discomfort. My boobs are not as sore now but this maybe because they settle down? I am having nightmares about this and desperately need reassurance. As you can see, ANY problem I have I am posting because it makes me feel so much better...

Hi Julia

I think you've been far too ill to have had a missed miscarriage. When I had a missed miscarriage in january I knew something was wrong because all my symptoms had gone and I didn't look pregnant anymore. They aren't very comon so don't panic - all will be fine!
Breast soreness comes and goes and it does die down a bit as you get to 12 weeks.
Louise

Hi Julia,

Just thought i'd let you know that I am feeling exactly the same as you are. I've got my first scan on the 3rd Oct and even thought i'm excited about it,i'm also petrified they will find something wrong. I've nearly convinced myself they will tell me i'm a stupid cow and i'm not pregnant at all or they will say i've miscarried.
I was worrying about my boobs this morning as they don't hurt as much as they did.
I feel like i've got a split personality - one half is panicking about everything and anything and the others being sensible- there's alot of arguing going on in my head, no wonder i've got a headache all the time!!

Good luck with your scan and let us know how it went.

Nicki.x

Can I join your club!!!

I have my first scan on wednesday and although I will be 17 weeks then and have heard the heartbeat at 14 weeks I am still really worried. Today I have convinced myself that my tummy is smaller and keep worrying about everything. This is my third baby and for some reason I am much more worried this time than with the last two.

Good luck - I am sure we will all be fine and are worrying for nothing. I guess we wouldn't be human if we weren't worried!!

Much love

Thanks Girls

I think it is only natural to worry. I feel that it is sort of a defence mechanism to think the worst in order to prepare yourself for the worst (which 99% of the time does not happen). I am definately analysing every little ache, pain and feeling throughout my whole body at the moment. I keep having the "knitting needle inserted in my womb" feeling every so often, which is apparently the pelvis and womb stretching. It is quite painful for about a second and then goes away (worries me at time though). No bleeding or long lasting cramping though (touch wood).

It bugs me that my DH is just getting on with his life (drinking, relaxing, obviously no symptoms). Because it is not him feeling these things, he is not panicing and really looking forward to our scan! I don't want to keep moaning at him at the time - there is no point in both of us feeling wound up!!!

Thanks for your sensible replies, girls - keeps me sane.......!!!!!!!

just thought I'd let you know!!!

I have my 20th week scan on the 5th of October, and even though I have a little bump, and have already heard my little one's heartbeat, I still worry like mad!!! Everything and anything is a source of worry, a cramp, a headache, ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

And I remember very well my 12 week scan...I was not different!

So, yes, I guess pregnant women can't stop worrying :)

Good luck for your scan girls, I am sure you will all be fine!...and me, hopefully!

Love,

Mel xx

I worried the same when i was about to have my 12 week scan and my 20 week scan!! but havent worried so much anymore, i think i just have to think that what is meant to be is meant to be, But dont worry nearly everyone one here has worried at some point about being told "sorry i cant find a baby on the scan" try to keep happy :D

Good luck with the scans to all of you

Take care
Natalie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27