Very wet knickers! Sorry for TMI...

Ellsbells

Reaction score
Hi ladies..

So I'm experiencing quite heavy discharge! (Which I know is normal after it being confirmed by the MW)

However as well as discharge, I'm also getting quite a big wet patch in my knickers, as if I'm leaking fluid or something? It's not alarming me too much, but I just want to know if any of you ladies are experiencing the same thing? Whether it's classed as discharge? Or whether you'd recommend getting in touch with my MW again?

Thanks!

If it's that wet I would defo ring MW or maternity unit x

When I think about it I have had this too. sounds so disgusting! But I would explain it as feeling like you've been sweating a lot �� It doesn't even have a colour or anything, just like wetness? If it seems to be a lot in a big patch I would call midwife tho xx

Put a pad in to check what colour it is and see midwife again... My friend had this and her MW said it was ok, just hormonal discharge, but worth checking out. Xx

I get this a lot. Did with my dd too. If you're worried, speak to your midwife but I had to wear panty liners every day with dd x

Thanks for your responses ladies. It isn't alarming me too much, baby is moving around and I can hear his HB on the Doppler so I know all is okay in there! I do have my 24 week MW appointment scheduled for the 20th June so maybe I'll just hang on until then, if not I can always pick up the phone. :) xx

I started getting very heavy discharge midway through tri 2 and on into tri 3... started having to wear pads! Obviously, if it's worrying you though, talk to mw ;)
If you're concerned it's your waters, most folk say to lie down for a bit, then stand up and see if anything trickles out noticeably, although I don't know why it would be that at your stage - I'm sure you're fine!

Mine has been heavy since I found out I was pregnant. Sometimes I get the wet patches at first I kept thinking I was bleeding but it just clear or slightly whitish.

I had it with my son too xxx

Yeah, like I said I'm not worried I'm just wondering to see if any of you ladies had the same :) I've had heavy discharge throughout the whole of my pregnancy, I don't think it's my waters though because it doesn't 'gush' out, just almost leaks!
but thanks for your responses! x

I've been using pantyliner since the start but last few weeks I get a gush after I get up in the morning which caught me off guard the first few times! I now put some knickers on as soon as I get out of bed!
I just thought it was normal as no colour or smell and like you said it's very watery, will check with my MW but don't see her till end of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back