very upset and angry with myself

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I've been awake all night with strong contractions that were coming very regularly.

In the final hour before getting up I was getting really intense ones that I had to really work through. I even had a show at 3am

Then what happened? I committed the official sin of labour. Got in a hot-ish bath at about 6am, and now my labour has just about stopped.

To say I am gutted is an understatement.

My first contraction was 10:22 and then every 10 minutes until 6am, getting increasingly worse, and now nothing.

Will my labour ever start again? And when.?

At the moment it feels as though I have stayed awake all night for nothing and the Dh is almost contemplating going into work. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm devastated

awww hun im sure it will start again soon try and get some sleep this morning you never know if you rest up now maybe it will start up again while your asleep good luck hun xxxxx

aww sarah i know how you feel, i had this on and off for a week, it was horrible!

best thing to do is rest now, but if it happens again, get up, walk about, dont lay down or get in a bath coz that will slow things down.

xx

oh how annoying for you! I hope it all starts again shortly for you.

oh, sarah..... how disappointing it must have been.... i had some rather painful twinges last night too, but it was only a couple and the were gone when i woke up later to go to the loo.... and i was gutted after that. can't imagine how gutted YOU must have felt after hours and hours of them!

try and go for a walk (read: waddle) hun, maybe that will help things along? that's my plan for tonday anyway!

Aww Sarah !! Oh frustrating.

I agree with what everyone else has said - I'd rest up for a bit to ensure you've got energy then I'd keep nice and active today (more cuddles perhaps) to get things moving again.

How about that Clary Sage now?

I'm so excited for you.

Lucy
38 + 6

this happened to me and my mum made me keep walking and sure enough after 20 mins marching up and down the garden my labour started again.

but every time i sat down it stopped, start walking and it started, after 6hrs like this i was in established labour!!!!!!

try it, it might work 4 u too

good luck hun

Aw hun....Its gonna be the next couple of days, surely. like lucy said, maybe time to get the clary sage out now!
Keep us posted, id be getting in some afternoon cuddles in...bet OH wouldnt want to go back to work then!! LOL

Hi Sarah

Don't be disheartened! This happened to me for 6 hours two days before I went into actual labour. Make sure you get plenty of rest now because of your interrupted night. I didn't and was shattered when I actually went into labour.

It'll happen soon :) Have some lovely fresh pineapple, get DH to rub some clary sage (mixed with a carrier oil) into your belly and maybe have some cuddles (it'll be a while before you do it again!).

Good luck hon, you'll get there and before you know it you'll have your little bub in your arms :)

Bless & bugger !

Things should ramp up again soon I would think. Did you speak to the hospital so they know they could be expecting you (hopefully soon). What did they advise?

x

Aww Sarah, don't worry this could be the start of more things to come! Have some shut eye and then maybe later try a walk, I always feel twinges when I am out and about.

Good luck, and remember most importantly rest and don't get workrd up.

Sending biig {{{HUGS}}} your way.

PS get DH to stay off for the day and have cuddles! :wink:

hi Sarah!

what a shame about last night... same thing as the others though: go and rest as much as you can now

anyway it shouldnt be too long now! you're the next of our mothers woohoo :D

good luck hun xx

It has to be very close for you and im sorry it didn't happen last night hun. Just think positively, your definitely next!!! :D :D :D

Love Jenny

xxx

Hi guys.

Ive just woken up after about five hours sleep and feel a lot better for it and just having something to eat.

I just want to say that my DH was wonderful the whole way through my phantom labour pains. He didn't panic and was just great. He's gone back to work because there didn't seem to be any point in him being at home and disappointed too.

I reluctantly took my tens machine pads off a while ago and it really made me blub because i remembered how carefully they had been applied by my darling DH, just six hours before. I had to finally admit that things had definitely stopped.

Gutted

oh well, i 'll just finish my lunch and go and get another couple of hours sleep and then start being more active again, if i can be bothered.

thanks for all your support guys, you're the best.

:D

Aww, I hope your labour starts up again soon, must be so fustrating.

I reckon your little boy is just tarting himself up to meet his mummy for the first time, doing his hair, cutting his toenails, putting on the aftershave etc you know how these men like to faff!

Take care & hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Nicki.x :D

Absolutely Nicki.

If he takes after his dad then he is definitely a faffer! :lol:

He has probably got his tape measure out as I speak and wondering if there is enough millimeters in the gap to fit through!

Its a shame he isn't more like me, spontaneous and impulsive!

Oh hun what a pain! If it's possible, try and get some 'cuddles' in if possible, your cervix is obviously quite ripe now so that may just do the trick.

Best advice I can give you though, rest rest rest, I didn't rest enough in my week of slow labour and I was knackered byt the time the 'big day' came. You still manage it somehow, but the more energy the better.

Hope thing get going again soon!

You shouldnt have let him go to work, you should have tied him to the bed and made sure he got the contractions started again :wink:

i was getting irregular contractions around the time of my show. then when my waters started leaking they became regular really quickly. bet it wont be long :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back