Very scared

JacqWish

Reaction score
Hi. I have just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant. I suffered two miscarriages prior to this so i am not very relaxed at all. Since i found out i have been having cramps that are like period painsm they really are quite painful and I didnt have this with the first two. There is no spotting or anything, but i am terrified that i am going to go through this a third time.

I saw the forum earlier about the woman having this at 12 weeks, is it the same for me? Am i worrying about nothing? I would so like to be excited about this...

Try not to worry honey, cramping is very common in those first few weeks and a possitive sign of pregnancy.

I know I probably can't say much to ease your worry but try to feel possitive and try to relax and we will all keep our fingers crossed for you.

Love and luck

xxxxxxxx

I know how you feel. Before my first baby i too went through couple of miscarriages. Just feel relaxed. Crampings are very common during the first few weeks. Try not to strain much and as far as i know keep your mind calm dear. You will be alright. Another thing. Try not to look into info about this. The more and more info will just make you scare. Just stay calm and think positively. Good Luck dear!

Thank you for that. I get the feeling i am never going to get enough reassurance about this, but its good to find out what is normal and what isnt. I hate to wish life away but i will be so much happier when i get past this early stage.

Thanks again.

Worry is a part of pregnancy, and parenthood that never goes away completely but the best thing to do is get yourself a good book on pregnancy or womens health or similar and find out as much as you can. Knowledge is power and the more you know the better you'll feel. It's nice to be able to experience something that would normally worry you but that you know about cos you've read about it and what it means.

And remember we're all here to help/ask/advise etc.

Hiya Jacq

I think you mentioned a post that I had put on in your mail bout cramping from 12 weeks.

I have been having them from as soon as I found out I was pregnant. They come and go, and after speaking to others I now feel much more reassured that this is just normal part of your body stretching and getting ready for the growing baby.

Nothing that anyone says will stop you worrying, cos I know what a paranoid wreck I am.

and wanted to add.....

Try not to look into info about this. The more and more info will just make you scare. Just stay calm and think positively. Good Luck dear!

THIS IS SO RIGHT....honestly the more you look the more scared you get.

Ragna xxxx

Hi

I am also 5 weeks and have been cramping for a week now. I was panicking at first but have since found out it is normal so please dont stress it's not good for you.

I am the same about wishing time away, I just want my 12 week scan to be here!!

:D

I am 10 weeks and just saw my dr. on monday. I have had cramping for about 2 weeks now, and when I saw my dr he told me that it is completely normal as the baby is digging in to your uterus for the long haul. and that I might even still see a light spotting. He also told me to make sure I rest with my feet up as often as possible and drink alot of water. Dehydration causes cramps as well. He put my mind at ease when he put the heart monitor on and I heard my little ones heart beat for the first time. It's easy to say don't worry, calm down. Fact is we all go through it and we know its easy to say, hard to listen to. So I will just say try to relax, it's best for you :)

Malinda

Ditto with what everyone else says about the cramping. I've been getting worried as my cramps are normally followed by light brown spotting, but nothing major. I am actually in bed at the mo on my laptop as I've had bad cramps late this afternoon and they've only just started weakening off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back