Very scared and need advice

Pasqualina1984

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am roughly about 18 weeks pregnant now, with my 2nd child. My first child Luca who will soon be 5 was born at 37 weeks, and only 3lbs because I had pre-eclampsia.

My first scan they could not check the neck measurements for the Downs Syndrome, but my first set of blood results were all good. My 2nd midwife appointment went well blood pressure ok, no protein in my urine. Had a blood test taken for Downs risk. I received a letter to state my chances were 1 in 22,056 and considered low risk.

I am also being seen by the hypertension clinic due to high blood pressure from previous child, as well as taking 75mg aspirin a day.

My midwife called me yesterday in regards to my low risk, but also told me I need to go for scan Friday due to FBC. I was concerned and worried as everything had been fine. I am always worrying, hardly sleep, and thinking the worst.

I then contacted a private place in my village as I wanted a scan, but they asked if it was my red or white blood cells that were low, so they could determine what scan was needed. So called midwife but the receptionist could not give me the information, I have been crying constantly for the pay 2 days now. The midwife called me back 3 hours later, and in that time contacted the hospital to be told it was down to hormone level.

So when I read up about it, worries me even more. I have an appointment today for blood pressure then scan tomorrow at 12:00. Can anyone please give me some advice.

Thank you

:)

I'm really sorry that your scared about everything. I personally think that you are being kept an eye on because of your previous pregnancy. That's great so they obviously have a plan for you. Keep going to your appointments and ask as many questions as you want. I to didn't get the measurement of the baby's neck.

I hope everything is ok and that your appointments reassure you xx

Thank you for your post I am hoping that to. Maybe I can get some answers from hypertension x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back