****very nervously dipping my toe in here****

MillersMissus

Reaction score
So, after 2 miscarriages and an ectopic in 18 months, I'm back in tri one as today we got a BFP!! AF was due yesterday but it slipped my mind due to recent events (see below) and today I couldn't stop eating so took a test - 2 amazing pink lines appeared instantly!

I'm not thinking too much into it as its early days and I'm terrified. However, my boyfriends beloved gran passed away yesterday after a short illness and as much as I'm not a religious person with a faith, I believe this is her parting gift to us. I'm going to get some low dose aspirin tomorrow (all tests came back as OK following our loses but was told taking aspirin can't hurt) plus got an appointment with my gp next Tuesday as I want to push for regular bloods to check as I need to know why they are happening (if I end up being unlucky!)

Fingers crossed!!!

Congrats and fingers crossed for you! X

congratulations, but please try to keep calm, stress isnt good on any pregnancy.

Also why do you want to take asprin for? do you have a blood disorder? xx

No, all of the tests came back as no blood thinning disorder, however I've spoke to a lot of people who have been told no harm in taking a small dose once a day. I'm willing to try anything. I need to let my work know as I work in a highly stressful job and I just don't want to chance anything at all this time.

Have a chat with your gp you might be able to get a sick note for a few wks to relax at home.

I'd personally would avoid using aspirin until you've seen a dr or gp, I work in maternity and never seen any women take it, xx

I'm hoping for a sick note for a few weeks. I've never got past 7 weeks so maybe a bit of r&r would be a good idea I think.

I'm not going to do or take anything other than pregnancy supplements until I've seen my gp. However following our fertility tests the consultant mentioned progesterone and aspirin but will double check xx

Yeah always worth a check :) also vitamin D is a good one to take too, i hope everything works out for you xx

Congratulations! I had two losses and then my beautiful
20m old daughter. Now prego again after a loss in December so I know how you feel! I have heard of people taking aspirin before, but best to check with your dr first I guess xxx

My consultant specifically told me NOT to take aspirin as I didn't have any issues identified during mc testing (well not that aspirin would fix). Paracetamol is the only painkiller that is safe in pregnancy (if you ever need one) and aspirin is actually not recommended to be taken (unless for a diagnosed issue).

After my first mc I just decided myself to take it when I got pregnant again. I then had another mc and saw consultant. Pregnant again and have not taken it this time specifically on his advice.

Fingers crossed for you, try to relax.

Wow congratulations and good luck! Hope this one is sticky for you.

I'm pg again after a loss in September so I can understand you wanting to try things to make this one stick. Glad ur getting advice as I don't know anything about asprin in pregnancy.

I'm quite spiritual so I like the link to your OH'S grandma. Does she have a name you could include for baby if it's a girl?? :) xx

Last edited:
Congratulations! I remember you from over in the ttc forum. Got everything crossed for you, sure this will be your sticky bean. Try to relax as much as possible, although I know this is easier said than done xx

Oh Millersmissus I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that you have your sticky bean this time.
I have considered if I am lucky enough to get a BFP to take the low dose asprin (I'm confused I just don't know what to do for the best!)

xxx

Wow congratulations and good luck! Hope this one is sticky for you.

I'm pg again after a loss in September so I can understand you wanting to try things to make this one stick. Glad ur getting advice as I don't know anything about asprin in pregnancy.

I'm quite spiritual so I like the link to your OH'S grandma. Does she have a name you could include for baby if it's a girl?? :) xx

We're always discussing name and have always said if we had I girl the middle name would be my family and a boy my boyfriends. However that may changed if things go well x

Oh Millersmissus I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that you have your sticky bean this time.
I have considered if I am lucky enough to get a BFP to take the low dose asprin (I'm confused I just don't know what to do for the best!)

xxx

It's seriously confusing isn't it?! I'm holding off until I see my gp Tuesday. I've started suffering with anxiety already so have been taking rescue remedy which has helped. I spoke to my manager earlier and basically told him if my gp recommends getting signed off I'm going to take it. I've never made a 7 week reassurance scan so I think I would relax more after that point x

I have a history of depression and anxiety but came off medication when starting ttc. Life in general sometimes makes me anxious unfortunately which annoys the hell out of me! Had a better night last night - I'm just trying to make it things to the back of my mind which is hard work!!

I suffer health anxiety so in pregnancy its hightend, if you find your struggling please go to the gp there is medication you can go on in pregnancy, but try to relax and walking in fresh air is good for you xx

I suffer health anxiety so in pregnancy its hightend, if you find your struggling please go to the gp there is medication you can go on in pregnancy, but try to relax and walking in fresh air is good for you xx

That's good to know there is something that can be prescribed. If I'm signed off I'll be out walking my yorkie every day for some fresh air and light exercise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back