Very frustrated baby

mayday

Reaction score
My baby seems to be permanently pee-d off about something these days. When she sit on my lap she is constantly reacing for things just out of her reach and often uses a leg to propell herself onto her front. She makes frustrated grunting noises when she can't reach stuff. If you put it into her reach, she then wants the next thing out of her reach, so continues to grunt and squeal. If she manages to flip herself onto her front she seems content with the result in that she can now reach whatever she was after, but then starts to wriggle and squeal because she doesn't like to be on her front. So life for us at the moment seems to be mostly made up of wriggling and squealing, which (tbh) is driving me and baby both mad.

Also she would love to be able to sit up and play with stuff, but can't quite sit up by herself yet. If I place a hand behind her she gets overconfident and flings herself across the floor in her enthusiasm to play.

Until about a week ago she was happy to play on her floor mat which has hanging arches with toys both on the floor and hanging toys. Now she only wants to play sitting up all the time, but clearly I cannot be there to prop her upright every hour of the day. Anyone had anything similar, and got any suggestions as to how I deal with this transition, and how soon can I expect her to be able to sit unaided?

rosie does a lot of squealing at the moment. it must be so frustrating to want to do stuff but not having the motor skills.

i'm sur with timd they'll get over it

Hannah even now can only sit upright unaided for a few minutes before she tries to move and falls on her face. Hannah has been like what you describe for months.

The only rthing that has helped me is getting her an 'activity centre' Ive got the leap frog one. She can sit uprightin it, turn her self around in it and can play. She been very happy in it for months, and it saves the 'havoing to hold them all the time' time before they start to crawl/walk.

BUMBO :D

31-12-075.jpg

I recommend getting a tray for it too off ebay cos you can put the toys on it and it sits them up a lot less floppily. Ok so the seat is £30 and the tray is about £10, but would resell on ebay for not much less than you paid, and it's well worth it.

Unless you mean the activity centre thing I got off freecycle...

ff56.jpg

It's good but for a little bit older once they can sit up properly really :)

Have you a door bouncer? Pop her in that and place allsorts of 'stuff' around her by attaching them to the door, that'll keep her interest. Isaac can sit up but before he couldn't he would get very frustrated, he still does now as he just wants to stand all the time, his baby walker is a godsend when he'll go in it :D Isaac hates his Bumbo and spent anytime in it arching his back to pop out of it :shock: You can get toys that stick to the walker tray, plus there are allsorts of jumperoo type things that are like a walker/bouncer combi.. lovely to hear she's so inquisitive and enjoying the world, I'm sure once she's able to do more herself it'll ease, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Isabella was quite a frustrated baby but evenutally she is now ok. I think when they can start doing things for themselves they chill out abit and become more contented :D

As above! Eefie just kept going huuuuuuur huuuur huuuuur all the time, drove me nuts. He stopped it when he could move around a bit himself :)

(And he absolutely hated his bumbo! He'll go in it a little bit now but just gets himself out when he wants)

good thread we are the same at the moment, luke wants to walk around on your hands all day and if you sit him down he has a tantrum and throws himself back. its doing my head in!, think its cos he can't crawl and justs wants to be mobile but needs assistance to do so!

Thanks for the replies - she rolled onto her front for the first time yesterday and that seems to have cheered her up no end. She flips back and forward now and she is happier that she can reach much more stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back