Very early scan

lisey

Reaction score
Hi all,

My gp has booked me in for a scan at epu tomorrow to rule out ectopic, its more precautionary than anything as I have eno and it can increase the risk of ectopic. I have worked out my dates online that make me 5wk 4 days tomorrow but the gp counted me as 5wks 1 day today so obv 5wks 2 days tomorrow so I don't know which is right? I know I won't see much and won't be expecting to see hearbeat but what should I expect to see at this stage? x

I asked doctor and she said not much at all. She didn't reccomend an early scan as it can stress you out even more because you can't see/hear anything x

Yeah I know it would be better to wait but cos of dangers of ectopic I think they feel it should be done. Feeling nervous x

I had an early scan around that time and I saw the yolk sac and 'baby sac'. I hope it goes ok and that you get good news x

Yeah go for it hun. Don't be nervous try to relax you will be fine xx

I was offered one, it was just at my doctors surgery and only on the most basic of scanners! I was on the pill so I didn't have a clear lmp and they wanted to date it and it was dated at 5 weeks and honestly, I didn't see anything! It was just grey with a black circle and a white bit!

Good luck, I'm sure all is well :) xx

I'm not sure what you would see at this early stage Lisey to be honest. But I know ectopic can definitely be ruled out as they can see where exactly the pregnancy is if that makes any sense? So as that's all you're getting the scan for you should go away nice and reassured. Good luck xxx

Thanks rednursie, yeah if we see that the pregnancy is in the right place then that will be amazing and first mini milestone ticked off. I bet I won't sleep tonight. Still confused how gps dates work out differently from online calculators and yet the due date was the same! Only by 2 days but those two days are important :) x

Good luck for the scan - look forward to hearing how it went!! Enjoy it!! :)

xx

No advice Lisey as im not sure, but just wanted to say lovely to see you in the 'pregnancy chat section' (yay!!) and lots and lots and lots of luck that baby is right place tomorrow xxx

No advice Lisey as im not sure, but just wanted to say lovely to see you in the 'pregnancy chat section' (yay!!) and lots and lots and lots of luck that baby is right place tomorrow xxx

Thanks, I still can't believe I am pregnant. I have to keep reminding myself :) I have decided I am going to go with no expectations apart from hoping my little lisey is in the right place x

All is as it should be, she drew a little picture of what she wanted to see, she said she would like to see a little dot in the circle but that she wouldnt be too worried if she didnt as I am so early. We could see a teeny tiny beginnings of yolk sack :) she said its exactly what she would expect. Obviously is no guarentee for anything but positive so far and in the right place x

Fantastic news, congrats on your first milestone :D xxx

Hey, I went to epu with suspected ectopic at about 5 weeks. Saw a yolk sac and a tiny spec inside, all where it should be. They will look at your ovaries too. They said I may still have an ectopic too as it was too early to see in the tube so had to go back a week later. No ectopic.

Be aware this is an internal scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back