Very early ovulation

Helena2019

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new in trying to conceive and after a few frustrations (and lost cycles) I begun to suspect I am ovulating too early. My cycle is 24 days and my period lasts 5-6 days. This month I decided to start using ovulation tests right after the end of my period. My period ended day 6 this month, we had sex during that night and then from day 7 I started to use ovulation kits. I am now on day 16, all my ovulation tests had been negative, and I am suspecting I will not get any positive ovulation tests this month.

My question is, is it possible that I ovulated on day 6, and then got a negative ovulation test the next day?
And is it possible that I ovulated while I was having my period? i.e. until day 5, I had some good chunks of blood, and then on day 6 some drops. Is it possible that I ovulated as early as day 5 or 4?

Thank you very much,

I appreciate all your advise,

My levels of frustration are very high, having such a small cycle, therefore all support will be well-appreciated.

Best wishes,

Helena.

Hi Hun,
No i don't think you would have ovulated while on your period, however it isn't impossible. What ovulating sticks are you using? and are you using them at the correct times? Do you ever feel ovulation pains? do you check your CM as this can be an indication as to when your ovulating. x

Hi Hun,
No i don't think you would have ovulated while on your period, however it isn't impossible. What ovulating sticks are you using? and are you using them at the correct times? Do you ever feel ovulation pains? do you check your CM as this can be an indication as to when your ovulating. x

Hello, and many thanks for your reply.
I am using advanced clear blue digital ovulation tests, therefore there is no way I am not interpreting results correctly. I have been using these tests twice a day, therefore I do not think I missed an LH surge.
I think there is something about ovulating too early, or maybe even not ovulating some times...
My cycle 90% of the times comes to 24 days, 5% it comes to 26 days... and 5% it comes only to 22 days. Therefore I do not think that this month I will have an unexpectedly long cycle...
I have been getting negative ovulation tests since day 7... and now I am on day 16. Taking into account how long my cycle is... there is something really weird going on unfortunately :(

I have not been using CM as an indication of ovulation... I can not really tell by this...

Maybe you should get an appointment booked in with your doctor and ask them to take some bloods to check if you are definitely ovulating.
They can prescribe medication to help with ovulation. Good luck.

Maybe you should get an appointment booked in with your doctor and ask them to take some bloods to check if you are definitely ovulating.
They can prescribe medication to help with ovulation. Good luck.

Thank you very much, I should definitely do this, I feel a bit lost right now (it has hit me to realize that maybe ovulation is a problem for me) but I will resume and pursue this.

Another thing you could try at the moment is tracking your cycle through temping your basal body temperature. Although it's not as accurate as getting bloods done, it is much more reliable than using ovulation tests and will give you lots of in depth info about your cycle that OPKs or blood tests cannot. It will give you a much better indication of weather or not you are ovulating and can pinpoint which day. I had lots of months where I had no positive opks but I was ovulating and aboe to pick it up with baby. How long have you been ttc?

Fertility friend have really good guides on charting your temp through bbt.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/

Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back