VBAC - anyone?

Beany

Reaction score
Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
i was going to be having a section after having an emergency section last time, but ive spoke to a really nice consultant who told me straight what happened last time, and said ive got 70% chance of natural birth as long as i go into labour by 41 weeks, so im going to be hoping for a vbac :D

i think the main reason of wanting a vbac is, the fact the LO will find it hard having to be careful of mummy while she heals, so rather then trying to explain to a 2 year old they cant jump on mummy for a while, im going to be brave lol

This really interests me - I had an emergency c-section with Nicola - I got to tired after a long labour and she started getting distressed.

I am not currently pregnant but want to think about soon and I wondered about vbac but it scares the life out of me. Also if you have had a c-section can you elect to have one again or do they want you to try a vaginal birth?

Thanks
Sarah

Sahara said:
if you have had a c-section can you elect to have one again or do they want you to try a vaginal birth?

I had an emergency section after my LO got distressed during labour and my midwife has told me I will be offered an elective section next time and that it's entirely my choice wheather I go for that or VBAC.

I'm hoping for a VBAC with this baby but I want to talk to the consultant first and see what my chances are of having a natural. I think with having Aaron it would be so much easier if I wasn't trying to recover from major surgery whilst having a newborn and toddler! I'm need to look into to it a lot more but I really hope I can do it!

i think most time the consultant will go through why you had the emrgency section and it it was for a reason that was just a one off, they try and convince you to have a vbac, as its less risky then a section, but if your set on a section they dont mind.

Just curious really. I am scared of labour as I had a very long one, with 2 midwives arguing over whether the doctor should be called or not, and I was os tired I couldn't push and it was horrble. I think the worst thing was when they took my gas and air away to take me the theatre. I was screaming in pain and somebody in theatre said (this was b4 they had given me the gas and air again)
'whats the matter with her?' and some man replied
'oh shes only having a contraction'

:evil: :evil: I thought well you try it grrr!!

But every birth is different and I can see the advantages to not having a section definately esp as my partner is disabled so with a toddler I don't want to be too sore and unable to lift.

Oh well I'm not pregnant yet - thinking about ttc soon tho!

Having had a section after 40 hrs of labour let me tell you - labour is nothing compared to what comes after a bad section. I am reading all the VBAC threads with interest. I am not planning another baby for a while yet (need to get over this one first!) but seriously don't want another section.

Definately not funny is it Mayday mine was pushing the 40 hour mark.

I was still uncomfortable 8 months after m c-section - its a real mixed bag one minutue I sway towards no way will I have section to no way do I want a labour like that again.

But as I said b4 each one is different.

A friend of mine had an emergency like me and was sore for ages. The second was planned due to a low lying placenta and she was walking round are local shopping centre 4 days later with no real pain - amazing!!

yeah i took months to heal after mine, i really want to avoid it this time, i got such a bad infection and the wound just burst open :shock: it was not some thing i was to experience again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back