varicose veins!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by muppetmummy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

Help!! I am 27 and I'm getting varicos veins already, my days of wearing skirts are over! :cry:

Over the past few months I've notices a vein in the back of my knee getting darker, then last night I noticed it's getting bumpy just above the back of my knee!!!!

I always knew I'd get them at some point cos my mum and gran suffer/suffered from them terribly and it can be hereditary...but I never in a million years thought they'd get me in my 20's!!! Shocking!!

2. Sophie1102

Sophie1102 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, i've got some not bumpy though - it's caused through being pregnant, :wall: thats why its good to put your feet up if your sat down.

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

I'm 37 and only have one, that for some reason appeared when I was 18 or so. Never had more since :? It ruined my comfort level and confidence in wearing skirts above the knee as its just below and at the back of my knee :wall:

I'm hoping I don't get more with being pregnant but if it happens I may look to have that new treatment to remove them (the one that fills them with foam) at some point in a few years. If not I've lived with this one all these years so won't worry about it. I'll have droopy boobs and sagging tum to worry about then :rotfl:

O ageing is far from graceful eh :lol:

4. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

My mum had her veins stripped and it made them worse, but that was back in the 80's so I'm sure the techniques are a lot better now.
    Will be going weight watchers once I've had this baby as losing weight might help. Why don't men ever get this stuff, they have it so easy :x

5. Manda&Thomas

Manda&Thomas Well-Known Member

aww i cant say ive notised anything like that on me but then ive stopped looking for every small mark i have lol
    it was making me depressed i do have some of those red broken vein type things on my arm round the back dont no how i got them
    manda xx