Varicose Veins - Help!

Lisa J

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone else had any problems with their veins mine have appeared all over my bum cheaks :( and i am dreading them going to my legs!

Does anyone have any ways to reduce them or prevent them further?

Yor help is needed greatly.

Thanks Lisa

xxxx

Hi Lisa,

Can you just see the veins or do they stick out? i have veins showing all around my belly, my boobs and my bum, this is common during pregnancy cos of the extra blood you carry they are not varicous unless they stick out and they will disappear after birth.

Manda x x

I've got purple broken veins making their way from my thighs down to my calves, I'm devastated! :cry: :cry:

they are not sticking out!!!

they are are just appearing everywhere!

do you know anyway you can prevent them?

:( rosieroo.

haven't heard of a way you can avoid them but everything i've read says that they will go after the birth.

i hope so thats all we need aswell as stretch marks and a little one!

xxxx

Hi Lisa,
My Prima baby magazine has an article on this, apparently 80% of pregnant women develop them when the growing uterus puts pressure on the main veins, while hormones relax blood vessels making them bulge. You are more prone to them if your mother had them or if your over weight and they usually fade after birth.
The recomendations on how to sooth them is to Put your feet up when ever you get the chance as this empties the veins and too wear the right sized compression stockings which you can buy from your local chemists.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back