V Day!

scn

Reaction score
It's V day today for my little man!
Another huge milestone reached for me and another little weight off my shoulders. Still can't believe it's happening sometimes xx

Congratulations! Such a huge milestone x x

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the Vday?
I am 24 weeks on Tuesday.
Is it that now, if our babies were born now, they would have more chance of survival? Xx

At 24 weeks pregnancy is now considered viable. If baby was born now and shows signs of life then they have to intervene and do what they can to support life if that is what you wish to happen. Also, up until 24 weeks if something happened to baby it is still considered a miscarriage but after 24 weeks it is considered a stillbirth xx

I thought that was what you meant :)
Excellent. Very happy for you. It's a good feeling and my little one is kicking and punching away very happily today :)

Fab scn!!

Just wondering tho, I was reading a post on fb about premature babies and there was lots of ladies saying that they had babies at 22 and 23 weeks that survived and we're happy n healthy. Would they have been from a different country?

If a baby was born at 23 weeks here and was showing signs of life would they not intervene and provide medical help?

Fab scn!!

Just wondering tho, I was reading a post on fb about premature babies and there was lots of ladies saying that they had babies at 22 and 23 weeks that survived and we're happy n healthy. Would they have been from a different country?

If a baby was born at 23 weeks here and was showing signs of life would they not intervene and provide medical help?

Each case is dealt with individually and would depend on any ante natal diagnosis if there was any rather than a 'premature labour', but yes if the baby was showing signs of life then they would intervene if that was your wishes xx

Fab scn!!

At 24 weeks they are obliged to help if you wish. Before that its up to the doctors discretion. They can refuse if they dont feel there is a good chance. So early I think a lot depends on the weight of the baby.

At 22 weeks a baby has less than 10% of survival. At 24 weeks its around 60% so the chances do go up dramatically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back