UTI/bladder infection? Advice please

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by purple_pianos, Jul 6, 2013.

1. purple_pianos

purple_pianos Well-Known Member

Hello,

Advice needed please.

So the week before last I had a little bit of stinging when I did a wee, but not all the time and not burning like I've had with UTIs prior to being pregnant. I called the drs and spoke to my GP, he gave me a prescription "just incase" and said not to fill it out unless it got worse eg every time I did a wee. It went away totally that weekend so I didn't take the pills.

Now the last couple of days I've just felt a bit irritated down there.. Occasionally itchy or a slight hurt when I wipe but not all the time. The next "standard" drs appt wasn't til the 17th. I don't know if I should get an emergency appt on Monday or wait and see.. It doesn't seem like an emergency! I've heard about untreated infections causing miscarriage and am getting myself all worked up about it!

Any advice?? I'm 15 weeks by the way

Thanks!

2. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

Does your GP surgery offer anything like a triage service? i.e. if there aren't any routine appointments the receptionist takes down details and gets either a nurse or doctor to call you back. Then if they think you ought to be seen they'll usually give an appointment sooner.