Urine Sample

Layla

Reaction score
Hi guys

last week i did a urine sample and it showed high levels of sugar, some protien and blood traces in it, so the midwife asked me to repeat the test later on that day and take it to my docs to be sent off.

I did that...

this morning i have had a letter from the hospital saying...

Your recent urine sample contained more mixed organisms than usually found. We need to repeat the test to obtian an accurate result to establish if any treatment is required.

what the hell does that mean?!!! lol i wish they would put it in blonde terms so its not to crypitic!

I dont expect any of you to give me an answer by the way, i know your not midwifes, just wanted to share as im a bit miffed now

xx

Hmmmm

They lost your sample and are trying to be cryptic to hide their mistake???

lol yeah, i didnt think of that! lol

I'm sorry mate, I only know about the sugar thing, because that was found in mine and i had to do a glucose intolerance test for gestational diabetes which luckily came back normal.

But I don't really know about the others. I think the protein thing might be to do with the kidneys or pre-eclampsia, but I'm not sure.

You will probably be sent for more detailed blood tests, like I was and, hopefully they will all come back negative.

Try not to worry babe as this sort of thing is apparently quite common.

Maybe the pot wasnt quite sterile enough and they found other stuff in it which probably wouldn't have been there otherwise and they just want to make sure you don't pee strange stuff?! :shock: Sorry that was probably sounds a very daft answer. It has happened to my mum though. The pot hadn't been cleaned properly - yuk yuk yuk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back