Urine infection

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Feel like I am being a nightmare to everyone at the moment with my worrying!
Despite seeing a heartbeat on Thursday at 6.5 weeks scan, I am concerned as I seem to be getting pains in left hand side of lower abdomen. I think it might be a urine infection as aches when I wee and going a lot.
Anyway, will try to get an appointment tomorrow, but does it mean that I am likely to miscarry if I have one?

I had similar pains and I'm fine with a healthy baby at 13 weeks. I wouldn't worry it sounds very normal and happens to most women. Always best to see the doctor though xx

I've had 2 UTI-s during my pregnancy, one at 4 weeks, one at about 9 weeks. I'm now 25 weeks and everything has been fine with baby so far. I got sone antibiotics from the Dr. xx

I had my booking in appointment at 13 weeks and at 14 weeks they rang me to say I had a UTI. Had no symptoms at all (though of course after they told me I started needing to wee more but not doing all that much, which is a symptom).

Since then I've been drinking more and I feel fine, no symptoms, only need to wee when I've had a big drink and wee loads (so not cystitis-like), and I just gave another sample today (16+6) and am hoping it comes back clear.

It doesn't mean you'll miscarry. I' haven't and I have no way of knowing how long I had that infection for.

Thank you all. Had a test today and said there were white cells but not actually an infection as such. She said something about there being an irritation of the bladder... Should have asked more but was a bit weird!
They are sending it off to lab to see what happens... Fingers crossed (that's all I say nower days!)
I just cannot relax until next scan which is a week on Thursday.
Why can I not just believe that this is happening for us?
Anyway, thanks again. Wish me stickiness... Please! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back