Urine infection

ellesbells

Reaction score
Got the fright of my life when my doctors rang today. I initially thought oh god they have found a problem but it turns out my urine sample I gave at my scan had a urine infection. I get these a lot and often have the symptoms without an infection as I unfortunately have a narrow wee wee tube (tmi?) that needs surgically to be widened every few years. But I just wondered if anyone else had had one during pregnancy? I have been incredibly tired lately (not a symptom I've had so far) very very cold, headaches and feeling a bit down. All these are how I feel when I get an infection! If you have had an infection during pregnancy did it clear ok with the antibiotics?

Thanks ladies x

I had so many urine infections with my son it was crazy and I also had thrush a lot too. Every time I had a urine infection I was given antibiotics and they cleared fine xx

not sure about infections during pregnancy but I used to get them ALL the time before I got pregnant so I know how crap it can be. All of your other symptoms sound like pregnancy symptoms, feeling down is normal, feeling cold is normal, feeling tired and getting headaches is also normal. A tip to stop you getting infections is to take a tablet called cranberry fortay everyday, honestly, saved my life when I wasn't pregnant, it was the only thing that kept my bladder healthy (and drinking lots of course) x

tri hopping
i had a really bad one in my first trimester and i was in hospital for five days! they gave me antibiotics and it cleared up within a week :) i've also just recently finished a course of tablets due to a wee wee infection, i also drank tons of water which helped!xxx

They will prescribe amoxicillin which is safe when pregnant they gave me a five day course and its cleared up fine xx

Oops doctor gave me a prescription I can't have as I'm pregnant even though the infection came through because my urine was tested by the midwife unit. Have to ring tomorrow for a fresh prescription. Thanks to Lucy for mentioning it had to be amoxicillin when I saw it wasn't I asked the pharmacist who to be fair was about to ask me if I was pregnant (no doubt also as I tried to sign using my maternity exemption card). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back