Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - tmi

bbee

Reaction score
Im having snotty green discharge! I googled it and people are saying be prepared to go into labour an crazy shit like that? What?! I HATE google!!!!!
I'm having green snotty discharge & I'm now really worried. I'm not itchy down there it irritated or in any pain? But it looks really abnormal? Has anyone else had this? xxx

Could just be normal Hun, mine is often yellowy! Maybe book yourself in with your gp for a swab to make sure it's not an infection xx

I'd probably get booked in at GP hun. I sometimes get snotty discharge but it's Normally clear or yellowy. Greeny discharge should be checked honey. Probably a bacterial infection that just needs some abx xxx

Got a midwife appointment Monday so I will mention it to her! Thanks ladies xxx

i get this sometimes, i had it last preg too, never had any UIT's or anything but i am quite prone to thrush when pregnant so it could be that

When I went to the doctors about having thrush they asked me what colour it was and I said yellow/greeny colour and he totally freaked out and said "That does not sound like thrush" so I had to have a swab done, but guess what.... it was thrush and I actually think it was just the way it kind of dried a little bit. I know it sounds rank but the only way to tell the true colour is to touch it. Most yellow discharge that I had was actually white it just goes a weird colour. If you're not itchy though maybe it is just because of the increase. I would check with your Midwife/GP just in case. x

Sounds like it could be BV, very common in pregnancy I've read.
This probably sounds hideous but does it smell?

Dunno if you should wait til mon, you need this acted upon sooner as any untreated infections can bring on threatened pre term labour (particularly urine infections). You sound like you need antibiotics sooner rather than later. 4 days is a long wait.

It doesn't smell of anything and I don't have a midwife number shall I just ring docs?

Sounds like a good plan I think. At the very least it'll put your mind at ease.

Yes, I agree - don't wait until Monday, it is important infections are treated straight away. There was a poor lady on here who lost her little one at 24 weeks I think it was because of premature labour brought on by an infection. I don't want to panic you, but please get yourself checked out asap. x

Going to the doctors this morning! Once I've got antibiotics will I be okay? I'm so worried:(
What if they say its nothing, do I believe them?! Doctors are sometimes wrong! Im going insane :(

Going to the doctors this morning! Once I've got antibiotics will I be okay? I'm so worried:(
What if they say its nothing, do I believe them?! Doctors are sometimes wrong! Im going insane :(

You'll be fine. They will prob take a swab if its that bad, so they know what antibiotics to treat you with. Its just important not to leave these things, that's all. No midwife or doctor will ever berate you for being on the safe side. x

I have had a little bit on and off they told me it was nothing mine would be there like once and not there again for weeks not had any for weeks now touch wood x

just got back from the doctors! i gave a wee sample and she said that theres a trace of nitrogen or something which can mean infection :( then she took a swab and sent it off, should know by monday! she did say that is probably nothing but im worrying now :( xx

just got back from the doctors! i gave a wee sample and she said that theres a trace of nitrogen or something which can mean infection :( then she took a swab and sent it off, should know by monday! she did say that is probably nothing but im worrying now :( xx

Youll be fine , if theres an infection you will be given antibiotics and it will go away :)
Don't stress missy :)

xx

Yep, don't stress - they will sort it out easily. The important thing is, you were seen, and they are doing something about it! x

Glad you got checked as it just cant hurt, but left it really can.

Mines always special and yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back