Urgh.. Asda selling out of date food!!

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
I am completely addicted to the yeo valley lemon curd yogurts. I'd only seen them in little packs of 4 until this afternoon when I found a huge tub in Asda. Just got it out of the fridge and it says use by 22nd Jan!! I hadn't even looked in the shop as I knew it would be gone by tonight and nearly opened it without looking too as it was literally bought 6 hours ago. If I wasn't pregnant i'd be eating it anyway but now I'm just hormonal and grumpy. No point in taking it back as I have to pay to park outside :wall:
Sorry for the huge rant about nothing important but I feel better now :lol:

Take it back and make them pay for your parking too ;)

If only.. and I'm not sure it's worth dragging the boys back into town when they'd rather do anything else!
Wonder if they would if I called first...

I'd be sending them a sharp email. You have proof that yo bought it today and can even send a pic of date.

I'd be making them pay for parking too, if I returned it to the store. x

Didn't think of emailing.. I do have a pic of the date! (I would highly recommend the in-date version of this btw - heaven in a pot) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327359558.221422.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327359558.221422.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 23
Wow that's tiny. Phone didn't like the larger version :lol:

I get my shopping delivered, I alternate between tesco & asda. This week was asda & I had ordered a few packs of chicken for sandwiches & every pack was out of date 2 days later (4 packs) I managed to use a pack that day & rest had to go in bin. Wasn't best pleased but hate complaining about things & seemed pointless for the sake of a few quid

:roll:

I'm a massive complainer lol. If something isn't right, I complain! I don't think enough people complain to be honest x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

ugh - everytime i come on this thread i'm after some of that yogurt

:wall2:

I get my shopping delivered, I alternate between tesco & asda. This week was asda & I had ordered a few packs of chicken for sandwiches & every pack was out of date 2 days later (4 packs) I managed to use a pack that day & rest had to go in bin. Wasn't best pleased but hate complaining about things & seemed pointless for the sake of a few quid

:roll:

I hate complaining too! If I'm doing a big shop I always check dates on everything unless I'm going to eat it straight away but i'd only gone in to go to the post office in there (big food shops are a nightmare with both boys!) so thought I'd just quickly see if they had some :wall:

There was a piece in the paper awhile ago about how most of the dates on food are rubbish. For one, I eat yogurt 6 weeks "out of date" and it tastes fine.

I wouldnt eat fish more than 2-3 days out of date, but I always eat stff out of date. I'm
Never sick!

I always ignore best before dates and will quite happily use some things months after, but I though use by dates are for things that aren't guaranteed to be safe after that date (like meat etc). Although I must admit it was just too tempting and I did eat it... :blush: It was only a day after all! x

Thats sounds gorgeous!!! I LOVE lemon curd!!! x

I get my shopping delivered too, usually by tescos, but gave asda a go one week...

Half my shopping was missing andmy chicken went out of date that day!

I phoned them up and they refunded me. I wasn't a happy bunny!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back