Urgent

I really hope you've been to the hospital! Please realise the seriousness of this! Im really worried for you and your baby. And you may not think you have a good support network but people suprise you. Im begging you as a mother myself to please tell your family and get yourself to a hospital. You cant just think of yourself now with a child on the way! X

If your waters have gone. You need to get to the hospital. To be blunt, your baby's life is more important than a day at work! If your waters have gone you have higher risk of infection and if your baby is early he/she may need to have extra care. Making excuses or ignoring it won't solve anything. I am sorry, not going to sugar coat it as it's so important! Xx

I'm not even sure this is legit. Who seriously goes to work with even the slightest bit of suss their waters have went....

xxxxx

If your waters have gone. You need to get to the hospital. To be blunt, your baby's life is more important than a day at work! If your waters have gone you have higher risk of infection and if your baby is early he/she may need to have extra care. Making excuses or ignoring it won't solve anything. I am sorry, not going to sugar coat it as it's so important! Xx

I'm not even sure this is legit. Who seriously goes to work with even the slightest bit of suss their waters have went....

xxxxx

I did think the same xx

I was more concerned with a 17yr old working when they are supposed to be in full time education until 18 but I hope if it's genuine she got sorted.

Last edited:
Is it a requirement to stay in education until 18 now? I thought it was 16 and sixth form was optional? It is shocking if it's changed and I don't know lol xx

I've been working since I was 16. It's not a requirement you can leave 16 and depending on when your birthday is depends on what term you can leave in Scotland anyway.

Aside from that I just find it a bit suss that someone's been so panicked to take time, make up a pf profile and not to ask anyone even though all medical information is confidential? It's not like the midwife would stick her in.

Maybe I'm too skeptical in my old age, looks very well put and laid out for a 17 year old and to figure out how to give thanks right away
.. I always say as judge judy says if something doesn't make sense it's usually not right.

And if it is real I've probably come across a huge ass hole but spending years on this forum you have no idea how many fake scared single teen trolls appear on this forum. Once actually was up and running for ages and alot of people invested time and support to her when she went into early labour and turns out it out mods tracked the ip to a sky broadband account when she was apparently updating from hospital in labour.

The Internet is full of all kinds of trolls.

xxxx

I've been working since I was 16. It's not a requirement you can leave 16 and depending on when your birthday is depends on what term you can leave in Scotland anyway.

Aside from that I just find it a bit suss that someone's been so panicked to take time, make up a pf profile and not to ask anyone even though all medical information is confidential? It's not like the midwife would stick her in.

Maybe I'm too skeptical in my old age, looks very well put and laid out for a 17 year old and to figure out how to give thanks right away
.. I always say as judge judy says if something doesn't make sense it's usually not right.

And if it is real I've probably come across a huge ass hole but spending years on this forum you have no idea how many fake scared single teen trolls appear on this forum. Once actually was up and running for ages and alot of people invested time and support to her when she went into early labour and turns out it out mods tracked the ip to a sky broadband account when she was apparently updating from hospital in labour.

The Internet is full of all kinds of trolls.

xxxx

I remember that, she even posted 'bump pics'. Bizarre!! xx

Im confused - why take the time and energy to make a profile and post? What would someone gain out of it? Its not like they're making a fake profile for internet dating or something similar, i just don't understand what someone would gain by being a troll on here! I hope (if real) the OP is getting the support she deserves and her and baby are ok, hopefully we'll get an update. Xx

I don't have an answer why people do it but there are trolls everywhere. Usually it's done for attention or perhaps to cause controversy. There have been alot of trolls with the same story and then you occasionally get people who come on and post about abortion to try an antagonise others who might be trying or pregnant.

I've probably got to the stage I've seen too many of them that I now believe it. But on the other hand I don't understand why you'd take the time to make a profile if your suspecting your waters have went and might be about to give birth.

If she is real then she got the correct advice within the first couple or posts and it just seems odd now that seemingly she's went to work.. possibly in labour. So against everyone's advice that it may be waters she thinks it's going to be less shocking or scary giving birth at work :rofl:

xxxx

I agree so badly.. I'm sure if you google when you're truly in that situation that it becomes obvious social services will get involved for not seeking medical help in regards to maternity care especially when not seeking medical help around labour time. It's not illegal to birth without a midwife but it will get investigated as to why someone hides their pregnancy. There are an influx of Americans on the forum and I think it's different in such countries where medical care isn't something as easy as it is here in the U.K. When walking into a hospital is guaranteed to present a massive bill, where maternity leave isn't something as long and good arranged as it is here so it is hard to tell and those things could easily be as to why young people would act the way they do.. could have strict religious families on top of that too. It isn't that weird that most of the stories from I didn't know I was pregnant seem to come out of the us and not the uk! But will see what happens when op comes back to reply for all we know she's cuddling her baby in hospital right now!

She was online yesterday at 4pm and no replies.

Hmmmm strange.

xxxxx

If in England you need to be either in fill time education until 18. Or from 16-18 be in an apprenticeship or work part time whilst being in part time education

England
You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:

stay in full-time education, for example at a college
start an apprenticeship or traineeship
spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

If you conceal a pregnancy especially until birth social services and child protection agencies will be involved and unfortunately this will affect any future pregnancies too. (At least in Manchester)

1.2 The concealment and denial of pregnancy will present a significant challenge to professionals in safeguarding the welfare and well being of the foetus (unborn child) and the mother. While concealment and denial, by their very nature, limit the scope of professional help better outcomes can be achieved by coordinating an effective inter-agency approach. This approach begins when a concealment or denial of pregnancy is suspected or in some cases when the fact of the pregnancy (or birth) has been established. This will also apply to future pregnancies where it is known or suspected that a previous pregnancy was concealed.

6.3 When a pregnancy is concealed or denied to birth, a referral must be made by the midwife to Children's Social Care - see Making Referrals to Children's Social Care Procedure - and to mental health agencies for a full multi-agency (including psychiatric) assessment.

Last edited:
Gaah, feel like a wally for falling for it! Some people are so weird.. x

Wait a minute. She was online and didn't update this thread? :shock: :mad: That is crazy. She must have been a troll, but for what purpose? That's crazy.

But no, here in the US people won't get in trouble for getting no prenatal care. I think it's because of what someone else said about high doctor's bill especially if they don't have medical insurance. Some people have high deductibles of like $5,000 they have to pay before insurance will kick in and it has to be paid before baby is born things like that. Some people decline prenatal care for religious reasons too. So it's different laws because of different health care systems.

I just started watching that show for the first time a month ago "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" that show is something! LOL! :lol:

Alot of options as to why she's in this situation or if it's genuine or not however like I say being on the forum for 5 years has seen its fare share similar stories to this one.

I was merely pointing out the fact that she hadn't been on might indicate she is at its why come on and casually browse and see that there's like two pages worth of conern for her? Anyways that's just my thoughts.

Even if she did post and say oh yeah I gave birth here's a picture. This is the Web were things like that are easily accessible.

We actually very recently had a girl join my October Mummies thread early in third Trimester to then say she gave birth really early and post pictures only again to find out this was fake. Which actually upset alot of people who were at the stage she was posing to be at. Also gives other users on the forum a sense of unease about sharing things.

xxxxx

Wow you do make some good points. I think you are right.

Yeh you get a lot of strange troll posts. Not sure what they get out of it. A few people probably have genuine mental problems others probably just like stirring trouble or getting attention. The way there are a lot of posts that are so similar makes you wonder if it is the same person/ people posting them. I do feel sorry that there must be the occasional post that is genuine but comes across as a troll so gets slammed for it. Usually if it looks like a troll I about commenting so as not to add fuel but occasionally I decide to give a post like this one the benefit of the doupt just incase it is real.

Last edited:
I remember when I was on here 4 years ago pregnant with my youngest and spoke a lot to one girl on here she said she had her baby a 24 weeks posted a pic and everything and that turned out to be fake I couldn't believe it

I work from 9-5:30 everyday which is why I read but could not reply. I have also been to the hospital who have assured me that my waters are leaking slowly and have been having bh contractions since late Monday evening. I am actually extremely insulted that a bunch of so called GROWN women could be so cruel to sit there and say this is a fake post. I am on an apprenticeship where I work and learn at the same time and to be quite honest I do not think I need to explain my work activities to any of you! What started off as such a concerned and supportive group of women, you have quite clearly shown your true colours! I spent hours at the hospital (which is another reason I had not replied) to come back and start having bh contractions, so apologies for being too busy and feeling to ill to reply to you! Thank you to all the ladies who were truly helpful and supportive! The rest of you should be ashamed. I'm a vulnerable 17 year old girl with absolutely no support network around me at all and all I wanted was some help and advice, instead I ended up getting slated and told I'm fake (which I also find quite disturbing!!) Just to clear things up so you all have all the details, another reason I kept my pregnancy hidden was due to the fact that me and the father (my ex partner) had a very bad break up and since then he has proceeded to stalk and harass me ever since to the point where it hasn't been safe for me to leave my own house on my own, I don't think slamming my personal decisions (which were what I thought at the time the most safest options for me and the baby, especially regarding the father!) is right. I hope other vulnerable and scared people get a better experience from this sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back