Urgent

Lolly17

Reaction score
Hi if anyone could help as soon as possible it would be much appreciated as I am very scared right now!!

I am 8 months pregnant and nobody knows. Literally nobody, I'm only 17 and have been to scared to tell anyone. I didn't find out I was pregnant until gone 6 months and by then it was too late to have an abortion. I've never been to the hospital about it, I've never had a scan, when I say nobody knows, it is literally just me!

I have had a strange liquid trickling out of me for the past hour (sometimes it has been quicker and more, almost a gush) and I am scared that this is my waters breaking! Please could someone give me some advice as like I said I am doing this all on my own and I'm very very scared right now! Please help as soon as possible. Thank you in advance!!

Hi, sorry you are scared and going through this alone but you really should get to a hospital asap for the safety of you and your baby this sounds very like it's your waters please please get to a hospital xx

Have had no fake contractions or real contracts and baby feels like it's sat under my rib cage (same as it has felt for a long time) &unfortunately I live miles away from the hospital and as its 2:40am I have no way of getting there until roughly 7 or 8am so for now am just sitting it out! Is there anything I can do to stop so much coming out? Or to speed it up so it all just comes out at once? I have no clue about anything to do with giving birth except it hurts so any advice is helpful advice! Thank you for your quick reply though, I really do appreciate it!xxx

Assuming that this is a real post.. then it would be in your and best intresting for you to ring nhs 24 or local maternity hospital and explain to them and have an ambulance sent for you.

Given the circumstances that you haven't been seem by anyone, I'm pretty sure they'd want to see you regardless.

I don't suggest you give birth alone at all as even though I've birthed two kids I know I need medical assistance to ensure both mine and baby's safety.

I don't think id be making up a profile and asking advice on here if I was 8m pregnant and had suspicious fluid leaking from me but that's just me.

I wish you the best of luck.

xxxxx

Last edited:
As no one knows I did not know what to do! Not sure I'm giving birth as I have had and currently have no pain what so ever, it's literally just this liquid which seems to be getting more and more by the hour! I asked on here incase I was over reacting and it's actually nothing, have dealt with everything else on my own and did not want to ring an ambulance; have to sit there and explain to everyone what's going on and go to hospital for the night if it is actually something minor and nothing serious! Like I said I have no clue what happens at child birth or during pregnancy and have literally just "winged it" the whole way through. I didn't post to get judged (one of the reasons I am doing this totally on my own). I posted as their are experienced people on here and didn't know how serious or if there was anything to worry about regarding this liquid. Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate it xxx

I'm not judging you I just wouldn't be taking medical advice from a forum.

If you think it's your waters wear a pad and monitor the output and if it's soaking the pad or gushing when you stand and clear fluid like then possible waters. Some say it smells sweet or like semen however I wouldn't know. Never smelled mine.

Also waters can go before contractions start and regardless whether your in labour or not I think it's about time you got seen at a hospital to check at the very least baby's health and position as this could impact labour and birth greatly.

The baby will come and people will need to know. Imo prolonging it to then your family in severe shock to find one morning youv woke with a baby and regardless of anyone's feelings toward you or baby it will come.

xxxxx

Last edited:
There's a lot come/coming out now and have soaked a whole large towel! I really appreciate your help and think I am going to get myself to the hospital when I can, 4 hours later and this liquid is still coming out! Surely it can't still be my waters breaking?!

Thank you for your help!xxxx

Waters can trickle out for hours and how much water there is depends on the mummy to be how much water she's carried throughout the pregnancy. I'd ring for an ambulance you don't no if you or the baby are endsngeroued at all. Plz seek some medical attention a lot of ppl younger than 17have children it's ok to be scared but there's loads of support available that you'd be surprised about.

Sweetheart you must be petrified - the second you tell someone you'll feel beter, you should not be alone. Is there not one person you can trust? Even the Mum of a friend? The liquid certainly doesn't sound normal at that quantity so the sooner you get seen the better as if it is your waters your baby is now vulnerable to infection. Best of luck, hope you're ok xx

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help and advice! I'm so scared to go to the hospital�� I know at some point id have to tell everyone (parents/hospital) and Iv been meaning to tell them for the past week but I don't want to disappoint them�� Think I might ring my local hospital and ask them for adviice on what to do or where to go if I go there! Once again, thank you all for being so supportive and helpful, really did think I would have got a lot of hate for my post but you've all baleen so kind! Thank you so much xxxxx

Wishing you lots of luck and please tell someone it'll be a shock at first but they'll be more worried about yours and baby's safety x let us know how you get on xx

Lolly I hope you're ok, I know you're worried about what people may say, but you need to look after yourself and your wee baby! They're going to find out soon anyway just tell them and get yourself to a hospital and get yourself looked at, I got sepsis In labour and was quite unwell when ur waters break it can lead to infection so please just go and get checked, the stress of hiding this can't be good for You either, a baby is not the worst thing in the world that can happen to you or your family whatever the circumstances your baby may need you now and he or she needs to come first, I honestly hope you are both ok I know it must be so scary, I was scared and I'm 34 don't do this alone you don't need to!

Good luck, Lolly. I hope you got yourself to hospital and that your family step up and are supportive, although it will be a big surprise for them to begin with!

Hi

I hope you've got yourself to hospital by now. If your waters have broken (and sounds like they have), then baby can contract an infection soon after so you will need medical treatment urgently.

I don't see why anybody would judge you - this forum occasionally gets strange fake posts from people pretending to be pregnant with an issue (don't ask me why).

I'm a single mother of a 23 month old, age 38. I didn't expect to be in this situation, but life happens. At least at 17 years old you will probably have more energy than I do ;-)

You've hid the pregnancy all this time but at some point very soon people are going to find out - may as well be sooner rather than later so they can give you more support and at least get you to the hospital xx

I really hope by now you've gotten yourself to the hospital and are getting all the support you need. If you havent already told your parents its something you need to do now, I'm sure they'll be more disapointed that you felt you needed to hide it from them. Hiding a pregnancy for so long was quite irresponsible, especially as you have had no prenatal checks, you couldve put yours and your babies lifes in serious danger.... i hope you get the help and support you need from everyone. Good luck.

It seemed to have stopped at roughly 6:30 this morning so have gone into work as i cant afford to take the day off and really do need the money or I mosst certainly wouldnt be here! I know a lot of you will think I am an irresponsible 17 year old child but I really dont have the support network a lot of others may have. I work 2 minnutes away from the hospital so will be leaving work and going straight there and if I feel anything I will be leaving work to go to the hospital!

I have had no pains, 'twinges' orr anything like that just slight back pain (however I suffer with a bad back after popping two disk a year ago) so not sure if thats just because im tired or if things are starting to happen. Very scared and confused right now and you have all been so supportive which I can't thank you enough for!

I understand many of you have been through the birthing process so know a lot more than I do but my belly seems to be almost relieved after this liquid coming out, is that normal if it is your waters breaking? Have had 2 more bouts of liquid coming out whilst being at work (i have sanitary towels in) not sure if this is normal so if anyone else has had a simular experience or can reassure me that this is normal then it would calm my nerves a hell of alot!

Thank you lovely ladies, you really have been a god send!!!xxxx

My waters leaked for a few days before contractions started with my son and we both ended up with serious infections because i took so long to be seen. I honestly thought i was going to die and one point becasue it was that bad please get seen as soon as possible.

You may not have alot of support now but once the baby is here you will have more available than you might think. There are loads of groups for young mothers and your local surestart can help you find what financial help you may be able to get.
You'r not alone in this please dont think you are.

It is not so much labour that you need to worry about at the moment. It is the fact that your waters have broken. That can lead to several serious issues that are dangerous for both you and the baby and are urgent, especially seeing as your baby may be slightly premature still. Once you are seen to and know nothing is wrong ,then there is nothing to worry about, what you describe could be quite normal but every hour counts if something does go wrong.

Last edited:
At my hospital they induce 24 hours after waters break if labour hasnt started because of the infection risk which can be really serious for you and baby. If you haven't had any scans etc and can't be sure on gestational age/size baby could be premature , or in a position where c section is the safest option. Please please go to the hospital now. Your family will be so much more supportive than you think especially once they see that little baby. They will be more angry and upset if you don't go because of fear of letting them know and something happens to you or your baby because of it. Please go in asap as you really need to be checked out. It must be so so scary but they will find out eventually xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If your waters have gone. You need to get to the hospital. To be blunt, your baby's life is more important than a day at work! If your waters have gone you have higher risk of infection and if your baby is early he/she may need to have extra care. Making excuses or ignoring it won't solve anything. I am sorry, not going to sugar coat it as it's so important! Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back