urgent replies needed

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi all

My friend is 32 weeks pregnant and she has asked me to ask this question as she has no access to the internet.

she is going for her hospital visit tomorrow (wednesday). This is the only form of antenatal that she is having (first baby), what sort of questions should she be asking.

thanks for your help

xx

Crikey!! 32 weeks pregnant and this is the first time she's seeing anyone about it; is she in denial?

Mostly they will be asking her questions - about her general health, smoking, drinking, checking she's been taking folic acid and eating well etc; what kind of birth she wants, home or hospital.

I don't really know what to suggest in the way of questions she should ask. I can't say I really felt I had much opportunity to ask questions, but she might want to make a note of anything that's been bothering her about her pregnancy - any symptoms she thinks are odd and such like.

Good luck to her!

hi

I must have explained myself wrongly.

She has seen a midwife but no antenatal classes. The only appointment that her hospital offers is a tour around the delivery suite, so she was wondering what questions to ask.

I remember having antenatal classes and I think i had them over a few weeks. She lives in Swindon and the treatment seems to be a bit crap there.

I cant really remember what sort of things antenatal classes cover as i had mine over 10 years ago.

any questions will be greatly appreciated.

x

it makes a little more sense now davina!! first time round i read it and didn't know what to reply!! :D

well, i am planning a home birth, but just in case i will find out a few things about the hospital as well, like:

- what are their induction/medical intervention/c section policies and rates (%)
- can i still be "in charge" of my labour and eat/drink/move around freely?
- can OH stay with me at all times? preferably also overnight if need be?
- can i have both my mum and OH there as birthing partners?
- can i be discharged almost immediately providing there are no complications?

i won't be asking about pain relief, as i do not want it offered to me unless i ask for it specifically, but this is another point she might want to ask about.

if she's considering a waterbirth, ask how many pools are available.

i can't think of anything else, although i am sure there are loads of things i haven't mentioned that other women might want to know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back