URGENT HELP!!! ARIANNA IS SICK :( *** UPDATED PG 2 ***

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi ladies (sorry mods for wrong section but you can move/delete once I have some replies)

It's 6.30am here and Arianna has been up all night sick, the thing is she has nothing left in her tummy to be sick and I cant get her to eat anything - I've tried bread, like I would do to myself.

She is drinking plenty of water.

I know there is a sicky bug going round here as my MIL's friend has had it...

Any advice?

i really not sure hunny.

Maybe contact a doctor?

Doctor!!!!

Hope she is better soon :(

Definitely a doctor hun!!!.. But don't give her ANYTHING to eat... just fluids.. Lots and lots of fluids... you can live weeks without food but only a few days without water... so just keep giving her as much water as possible... even if she is still throwing it up.. a little bit gets absorbed.

Thanks all, she is drinking loads of water, so no problem there. I just called my MIL and we are going to wait an hour and see how she is and if no better go to the doctors with her.... they wont open for another hour anyways.

aww bless her, definately just give her fluids and no food. Poor little mite

If she can keep water down then thats a really good sign... :) That means she's hydrated.

Tia had a stomach bug on Monday... its really bad seeing them sick. :(

hey hun emmas just getting over this we took her to docs and they gave us some salts thingy to add to her water so that she still gets the nutrients she needed and then just slowly get her back onto foods after a few days she was just having toast we were told to stay off milk as she was always sick after milk as it was too heavy. hope she is better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aaaarw poor Arianna, hope she feels better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Is there not some sort of foot and mouth for humans going around? Nothing serious mind you, they just don't eat for a while but you can get medication. Any rashes in her mouth or anything?

Either way, im sure its nothing to be alarmed about. You know what its like when your not well and don't want to eat..

Let us know :hug:

I hope she's better soon, I'd call the doctor to be on the safe side and try to keep her drinking. Food can wait for now :hug: :hug:

She has been sleeping on and off all morning in either my arms or Brian's.

She is still just drinking water or sucking on ice cubes (with the heat here, she kind of has to).

She has been sick a few more times, but just water coming up. Still doesnt want to eat.

I hate her being like this - this is the first time she has ever been ill apart from a cough and it's just breaking my heart :cry:

If I was at home I would just take her straight to the doctors, but here it is different - for a start I dont even know where the doctors are!!

Thanks for all your replies tho

SarahH said:
She has been sleeping on and off all morning in either my arms or Brian's.

She is still just drinking water or sucking on ice cubes (with the heat here, she kind of has to).

She has been sick a few more times, but just water coming up. Still doesnt want to eat.

I hate her being like this - this is the first time she has ever been ill apart from a cough and it's just breaking my heart :cry:

If I was at home I would just take her straight to the doctors, but here it is different - for a start I dont even know where the doctors are!!

Thanks for all your replies tho

Well if she continues being sick through the night and it has been longer than 24 hours, take her to the Emergency department at the local hospital (you do have insurance right? Take all your paper work with you... ) They are really good at most US hospitals...

Thanks, yes we have insurance.

She has just had the nappy of all nappies and seems to be a little happier - well she's speaking and waling around again instead of wanting to cuddle Mummy or Daddy, she's still being a little sick but nowhere near as bad as she was..... fingers crossed it's passing now

I would just reiterate what the other ladies have said, plenty of fluids, you need to make sure that more is going in than coming out, or at least equal to ensure good hydration. Also, have you been able to take her temp? I would check her temperature with a thermometer rather than rely on how warm she feels. Please remember that it is normal for a child to have a higher temp than adults.In children anything above 38C starts to show as fever.

Good idea with the ice cubes and let her sleep as much as possible. The body needs to be in rest mode to fully repair itself so sleeping is best.

Hope she feels better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back