Urgent! Baby not breathing properly - video

SaraLouise

Reaction score
I've posted the last few days about the fact I think Harrison has reflux or colic, but now he's started to breathe funny..

He's grunting with each breath & then he stops for a couple of seconds then starts with the grunting again.

Is this another sign of reflux or something I should be seriously concerned about?

I have hv coming at 4pm so should I just wait for her or call nhs direct straight away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiiPUDF43k4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm so worried!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You'll have to turn the volume up to max on the vid to hear it x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's quite normal for the irratic breathibg pattern and for them to grunt etc due to small airways which can get partially obstructed and make them noisy. Check with hv but im sure he's just got some gunk or a cold. Try not to panic x

Hi lovely, the link isn't working for me.
I say go with your instincts and call the nhs line. HV is coming in an hour but that hour will feel like forever to you.x

But like above says, erratic breathing is very common. Mine had it after around 10 days.xxx

It looks like grunting they do in sleep but if you are worried, talk to HV

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Sounds similar to how my little girl sounded when she was tiny. She was only 8 days old when I really noticed it was different from my other LO.

They diagnosed her with a floppy larynx - caused her no problems really except for I think it went hand in hand with reflux as she had this too x

It sounds like he's snoring or grunting in his sleep.

As above, erratic breathing especially when asleep is common. This is one of the reasons why its recommended babies sleep in the same room for the first six months, they learn to regulate their own breathing by mimicking ours.

Huni my little Matthew grunts all the time my hv just said he's a bit mucusy and it's perfectly normal. Try not to worry too much I'm sure he's fine xxx

Noah does just this.. Ive been told he is still mucusy from birth.
But he does it with his dummy and bottle aswell as when hes just sleeping with nothing in his mouth.

Hope all is ok tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back