Upset not pregnancy related

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Sorry for the totally pointless post guys. My parents have had to have our family dog put to sleep today and I am absolutely devastated. x :sad:

Last edited:
Oh no that's awful! :( my family dog got put down last jan due to arthritis and was pooping blood :( it was horrible I was in the room with him worst thing :( still see his face and makes me want to cry.
Had him since I was 7 and he had to leave us when I was 20. :( still miss him.

Sending you big hugs xxx

I can 100% relate to this, last Saturday my dog went into the kennels as my parents went on holiday... On Saturday 20th July exactly 1 week later... I got the phone call that Biscuit had to be put down as a disc had exploded in her neck and she was just too old to operate on so either way she wasn't going to make it. I was in absolute tears about this and sometimes I still get upset about it. :( She was my best friend since I was 6. :(

What dog did you have? How old? Mine was a red cocker spaniel, 13 years old.

Really, really sorry for your loss. But just think... They're no longer in pain and they're ALWAYS next to you no matter what! Xxx

So sorry to hear hun! Losing pets is a major trauma. :hugs: xxx

Thanks Holly. He was mainly my dog but I left him with my parents as I didn't want to uproot him and it wouldn't have been fair on anyone. He was such a lovely placid dog. He is in a better place now but it's going to kill me going up to my parents and him not being there. Thank you xxxxx

Awwww hun, I know just how you feel. Not a pointless thread at all. I have two border collies now and when that day comes I will be inconsolable, they are my world.

Huge hugs hun :hugs:

Bless you!!:( I can relate, my Nans cat had to be put to sleep a couple of months ago and I cried for hours. She had always been a part of my life and it was so odd suddenly not having her there anymore!:( it is a sad, horrible time when you lose a pet! Chin up Hun, big hugs!! X x x

My dog of 15 years had to be put to sleep last month too. Can definitely sympathise, absolutely devastating.

thanks guys. we had him from being an 8 week old puppy. He was 13. He will be a big miss as he always went mad when I went over. xxxx

Aw I'm so so sorry! We had to have one of my parents dogs put down 2 years in August I still miss her so much she was my baby. They have her ashes though which is nice as I'm sure she is around. Dogs become part of your family x

Thanks Mummy2toddler. They are part of your family. That's nice that they have her ashes. I am just trying to take comfort in the fact that he didn't suffer. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back