Upset myself a bit :(

BabyBrain

Reaction score
In 2010 we lost 7 close friends and family. It was a very rough year and today whilst sorting out the black hole of our lounge I found loads of photos. So many of them are in them and I got a bit upset knowing my son won't know the wonderful people they were.

I'll tell him about them but it won't be the same really. They all knew how much we wanted a baby and would have been so overjoyed that he's on his way. I think the worst photo's were the ones of my aunt holding my nephews when they were first born. She never had children so we were all substitutes and I saw her every week of my life but I won't have any photo's of her and my baby :(

Bit daft really and am sure hormones are playing their part but it just got to me today :(

I don't really think there's much I can say other than big hugs xxxxxxxx

Oh Hun that's horrible, hormones definitely don't help with such an emotive reminiscence. I hope u r ok, don't get yourself too down...your lost loved ones wouldn't want you to be down at this important time for you I am sure. Sending hugs xxxxx

Aw hugs! Keep the photos and show your LO so he grows up knowing who they are and tell him stories about them. My sister passed away 6 years ago and having a baby has been really tough without her. She was a maternity nurse so she was supposed to be the one to tell me what happens and how to take care of the baby etc. I will have loads of photos of her and tell my baby about her all the time. Our baby's middle name is also my sister's name :)

Also, I like to think that my sister is my baby's guardian angel... Might be weird, but makes me feel better!

Also, I like to think that my sister is my baby's guardian angel... Might be weird, but makes me feel better!

It's not weird at all hun. My best friend is convinced my aunt sent me my baby xxxxxxxx

Hugs to you.

We lost Andrews mum last year and she was so excited about becoming a granma but 4 weeks after us finding out she died suddenly. Christmas started to remind me my baby will never meet her which really upset me but we will keep her memory alive

It just shows what a loving person you are <<hugs>> I feel the same about my late grandmother as I don't have contact with my mother and don't have another female relative to ask pregnancy/mummy questions. I have moments where I just break down, it's so hard. Chin up xx

Aw bless you honey!!!!
I can only give you a great big virtual hug. I have really been feeling the hormone craziness recently too. Some things like your sadness about the photographs have been perfectly understandable to get slightly upset about. Other things- have been stupid! I cried the other day because the Christmas tree was down and the house looked bare! Today I cried because I scratched my wheel on the pavement as I drove around a street corner. I think it is perfectly reasonable that you cried today... But remember that with our raging hormones, it's likely that if anything is even slightly sad we will be in floods of tears!
Xxxxx

I think it's good to cry and good to remember.

And the hormones def play a part. I've just had a good cry after waiting in for John Lewis delivery from 2 til 9 and them to be told it wasn't coming. Completely lost it on phone to them
Crying. Xx

Sending you hugs, always remember those you love, I often look through my photos xx

:( big hugs, I know how yiu're feeling...I lost my grandma seven years ago now and she was like my mum, I went to her grave with C and oh at christmas and burst into tears at the fact they will never meet. But I bet all those you lost are all sat around you, you just can't see them. But they are there, and they're watching out for you and your lovely little family :) xx

Aww hugs hun xxx

I know how hard it is over the past few years Iv lots all of my immediate family bar my mother and it kills me they wont get to see my baby but like the girls say I think showing your LO pics of them and telling them what amazign people they were will help keep them in there lives

Its defo not just pregnancy hormones its completly natural hun, I cant even look at pics of my family at all yet, Just try focus on the fact that you are bringing a new life into the world rather than loosing one for a change

Hope your doing ok hunie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back