Updates...... What's Happening Now?

Tineke

Reaction score
Hello...

I though it might be nice to write an update on our general well being and anything new happening to our bodies... I know I love reading how things change with people through pregnancy.... It's reassuring to know we are going through some of the same things...

ME...... here goes.....

Well I am now almost 30 weeks and things are really starting to change now. From the kicking (every minute almost) in the ribs (lol, to sleeping my pattern- needing more during the day.

I will have walked for only 10 minutes now, and I have to hold my belly as it feels painful most of the time, down really low. I finally managed to make it to the doctors office since arriving to Australia and they said the baby was already down low, does this mean the baby will reverse again and go back to that position later???? I worried for a while as I though maybe the baby was coming early.. Don't laugh, this is all new to me (tee hee)

My eating habbits have not changed at all really. Apart from loving FISH now. I never ate fish and couldnt even stand the smell of it, now I want it all the time. I eat fish now 3 times per week.

Only 10 weeks to go now and mostly I worry about the baby coming early, I don't know if this is because I feel less able to be mobile or if it's just a natural thing to worry about. I am still very small have not gained weight anywhere besided my belly and even that is not very big... I will have to post a picture in the next few days. I had my glucose test 2 days ago and will find out the results soon. I will let you all knno whow things go...

Look foward to your updates.

I'm having a boy and I've got just over 4 weeks to go. I can't believe how fast it's going!
I'm up about 4 times in the night going for a pee, and often get up at about 6 as I just can't get back to sleep.

I'm still working 3 days a week, even though everyone keeps asking me when I'm goig to stop (it's almost like they can't wait to get rid of me!)
I think the secret to making the time go fast is to stay busy, so will be hopefully working till a week before my due date.

We're going to call him Brody, but we're really stuck for a middle name.

That's about it I think!

Hiya

Great to read both your write ups. Well....as in a earlier post I wrote Brenty (nick name for baby) has decided to go Breech within the last few weeks !! Its funny cos I did mention to DH that I thought he/she seemed to be kicking in different places.

Well I myself am feeling great, although very tired alot of the time and I agree with Urchin about keeping busy. With three other children in the house and a diary full of Football/Sea Cadet Dates & half term just finished there is no worries there!! (might add these are girls !!!) I havnt had any major aches and pains and get up normally once for the loo in the night, which always feels like a 5 mile hike. The only problem is getting back to sleep afterwards.

Brenty is very active, although I do tend to have days where he/she is less active. Pressure down below is unbelievable some days (now i know its a bottom!!) and I have bouts of Braxton Hicks where it stops me in my tracks and I think...ohhhhhhh is this is early...But it never is !!

So all in all doing ok !! & now waiting until next Thursday whenI will know whether im going to have a Section.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya

Great to read both your write ups. Well....as in a earlier post I wrote Brenty (nick name for baby) has decided to go Breech within the last few weeks !! Its funny cos I did mention to DH that I thought he/she seemed to be kicking in different places.

Well I myself am feeling great, although very tired alot of the time and I agree with Urchin about keeping busy. With three other children in the house and a diary full of Football/Sea Cadet Dates & half term just finished there is no worries there!! (might add these are girls !!!) I havnt had any major aches and pains and get up normally once for the loo in the night, which always feels like a 5 mile hike. The only problem is getting back to sleep afterwards.

Brenty is very active, although I do tend to have days where he/she is less active. Pressure down below is unbelievable some days (now i know its a bottom!!) and I have bouts of Braxton Hicks where it stops me in my tracks and I think...ohhhhhhh is this is early...But it never is !!

So all in all doing ok !! & now waiting until next Thursday whenI will know whether im going to have a Section.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am due on the same day as Urchin, am nearly 36 weeks and really finding it struggle to walk about for long and sleep has to be the worst. I am up about 3 times for a wee and my pelvis kills to move about but apart frm that I am really excited and nervous and can't wait to meet my little un.

I can;t say I have been that great with my eating habits lately. I do eat a large meal a day, not necessarily of vegetables and things but it's a substantial meal etc.

I left work at 29 weeks due to the split from my ex as I worked with him, I am coping well without him and moan like mad though :) I am just so excited about meeting little un that I know it will make me the happiest girl alive.

I have started to take my raspberry leaf tea and tablets, not the nicest but if it works who cares.

I am very snappy and moody and tired as well, but notice that a lot so try to be abit nicer, think boredom set in a while a go and started all that off :) I have been told to make the most of it and relax and be as lazy as possible as I will regret it when little un arrives :) Still haven't found a name yet. I like Phoebe but that may change again, as my birthing partner is my cousin I may call her middle name after her which is Charlotte.

Baby moves about a lot and is very active. I'm still not very low down yet though although it's moved a bit. Have attached a bump picture. Still no stretch marks, touch wood but they can happen any time.

All in all I am well and happy and emotional all at the same time. Can't wait and great to hear all your updates too.

P1010016.jpg

P1010018.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just entered the third trimester today so I thought it would be OK to give my update.

my belly has started getting to the size where it feels big all the time and starting to feel front heavy.

I've just got back from two hours of shopping and feel very achey and I definitley need my selection of cushions in the night.

The kicks are regular and strong, but not bad enough to keep me awake at night yet.

We have actually started buying things now and we have picked up some bargain baby clothes in debenhams today. With designer baby t-shirts starting at £1.50.

I was told by loads of people that I should be feeling tired in the day by now, but for some reason I am still blooming. Can't see it lasting that much longer though.

My only bad problem is my very sore tailbone, but i feel very lucky that i haven't got anything worse.

Hi,

well I'm due a day after Emma1976 although my bump looks so different! I kind of have an oval bump with the hint of a waist still in the middle! I feel huge though and am finding it hard to find any comfortable way of sitting that doesn't mean I have my legs wide open and about three cushions under my bottom so that my pelvis is tilted! Seeing as I sleep with 7 pillows now too I am pillow girl! I have a wedge pillow that I carry around with me as it is excellent!

I had been tired all the way through my pregnancy but the last few weeks I suddenly seem to have got some energy from somewhere. I can still happily nap for an hour or two in the after noon but basically I can't sleep more than 2 hours without being woken by hip pain and needing the loo so I tend to get really broken sleep at night and then a nap in the afternoon/evening. I finished work on Friday so the napping will become a feature from now on!

Hormonally I am all over the place in the third trimester. My ante-natal classes scared me a lot with all of the details of what could go wrong and the pain etc and I'm also worried about how we will cope with a tiny baby seeing as we have no experience whatsoever! My husband was made redundant a few weeks ago so he is at home too for the foreseeable doing freelance work and planning a business idea. It will be great for the three of us to be together all day but I do wonder how it will work out money-wise and just in terms of my husband having enough quiet time to work from home but we're determined to work it out. Some days this really gets me in a panic, some days I can manage to just get all soppy about thinking about how soon it will be until I meet my baby which carries me over the fear. I'm going to take the scan photos into hospital with me to have by the bedside to help me try and stay focussed on what it's all about!

I have medium heartburn and a bit of breathlessness but actually I've got off realy lightly with all of that- especially considering I'm 5ft. I'm not looking forward to the baby engaging though as I'm already using the loo so much due to head-butting etc!

I can't really believe that it's actually going to happen yet though, the third trimester seems to have flown by at an amazing speed!

Well things seem to by flying by now. My bump is getting bigger and heavier, and I am feeling very very tired. I think it's because I am anaemic and need to start my iron tablets (midwife can't write a prescription so I had to put in a request to the doctor, DH tried to get me some on Saturday from Holland and Barrett but they only had 14mg of iron per tablet and I've been prescribed 200mg so not much contest there really!).
Apparently I have thrush aswell, but I am not itching or anything so can't understand it. :?
Been getting lots of braxton hicks, and also breathless like others have mentioned. Particularly when I lie down at night, lol.
I'd be enjoying this part of my pregnancy a lot more if I wasn't so exhausted, it's an effort to try and get anything done. DH is away until Thursday so at least I can try and catch up on my sleep in the mornings, I usually get out with him when he goes to work.
I've got a feeling the baby will come early, I don't know why. I always thought she'd be late, but the past few days I've really felt like she'll be here anytime from 38 weeks. I think it's because the BHs are so uncomfortable I can't imagine another 8 weeks of them :lol:
I'm pretty prepared for her, still need to get a baby thermometer, carrier, nursing pillow and more toiletries. But apart from that I am good to go. I bought a couple of cheapy nighties and a nightgown from Matalan last week to take with me into hospital. I think Matalan is great, they've got some really cute baby clothes in there and it's inexpensive. Plus my mum works there so gets a discount, :lol: . Shame they don't do maternity wear or bras.
Speaking of boobies is anyone producing colostrum? I expected more to leak out than does at the moment, it only comes if I squeeze, but then only a bit. When I practiced my breast pump a few weeks ago quite a bit came out so I know it's in there.....
She moves around a lot and is still head down. We felt a foot the other night which was really cute! I might not be saying that in a few weeks when she's bigger though.

I squeezed my boob the other week and yellow stuff came out which I presume was that colostrum. Alos the other day I had some dried stuff on my arm which I wondered what the hell it was until I noticed I had it round my nipple as well so my boob had leaked a bit in the night. What also had me amazed was when I squeezed my boob it came out of lots of holes, here's me thinking it was like a bottle tit and came out 1 hole at the end of my nipple :D Hee hee.

Em xxxxxx

hey girls

I had a break from posting on hre last week but now im back, Im 29 weeks now, still the same size bump, think he has slowed down with his growing now, thank god!

my fingers are swelling up every chance they get and i keep having lots of hot flushes and dizzy spells, im even dizzy when i lay down and shut my eyes so i cant win at teh mo lol also still in my moody bitch stage so im sorry if i offend anyone!

Coby kicks and wiggles pretty much all day, he doesnt let up, we tested him with certian songs yesterday and he defo loves james blunt and the darkness, also a bit of queen lol

wedding is in 2 weeks so still busy and stressed sorting all that out

Layla - wishing you all the best for your wedding... You must be very busy with everything :) Credit to you

Well.. 1 week hs passed since I last wront on here and the little one is kicking more and more everyday. It really shocks me sometimes LOL

My other half arrives in 2 days!!!! YAY. It has been over 7 weeks since I have seen him, so I know he will get a shock to see I now have a BIG belly... It will be awsome to see him and start our life here together. He has really given up everything to come here and I really feel like the luckiest person in the world. I just hope he likes where I have chosen to live LOL OH WELL!! (at least he gets to be the Mr. MUM) Sometimes, I wish I could be the one doing that ...

I am hoping to fly (the flight is only 45 minutes away) next week. I really need to get things for the baby and Christmas prezzies for my family. I wil ask the doctor tomorrow, I haven't had any complications, so I am hoping he will say it is ok. I will be at 32+ weeks by then and 33 weeks when I return so.... WISH ME LUCK!!!

I have been sleeping much much better the last few nights, not waking up at all to go to the bathroom THANK GOD, and wking up feeling great!

Measurements now are 30cm but doctor said that was fine...

Tell me more about your week and how things are going!!

Tineke ox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back