***Updated - Welcome to baby Ana***

mablestarr

Reaction score
Updated with birth story.

Ana Jois born 5th July 8.39am 6lb 2oz :) :)

So I'm writing my birth story, mainly so that I have a record of what happened. (I’ve just read over it and its quite long, but feel better after writing it all down).
Had a sweep on 27th June and was about 1cm, had another on 1st July and was still about 1cm. Went to aqua natal class on Tuesday and started getting some pains on Tuesday night. Pains continued all day Wednesday but were like anything between 4 to 10 mins apart. Called the hospital at 4pm and they said as long as I thought I was coping with the pain to stay at home. Whilst watching the apprentice the pains stopped and went to bed as normal.
On Thursday went to see the consultant and had another sweep and was 3-4cms, booked to go and get waters broken on the 9th July. But he said he thought I would have gone by then. All sounded promising.
That day nothing all day, was a bit concerned about movements and I was getting impatient and wanting baby to come, so at 10.30pm I called the hospital. They were closed and I’d have to go the other hospital (only 2 miles further). So off we went. Started getting mild contractions every 10 mins. Went on the trace and baby woke up. All was good. Examination mw said I was 4cm during a contraction, and I should go to delivery suite. They were being very cautious as I had a section last time. By the time I got to delivery contractions were nearly stopped again, and I was getting tired. After about 2 hrs I was napping and not contracting. MW suggested an examination as they were very busy and if no progress I could move to the ward. She said I was more like 3 rather than 4cm. I was gutted, and pleaded to get to go home. So at 6am I signed the form to allow me to go home against medical advice due to previous section.
Whilst I drove home I got one contraction. Then at around 6.45 am I went to bed, had some contractions 7ish mins apart and was managing to drift off in between. Then my waters went all over the bed. Got up and couldn’t do anything. Managed to get to the bathroom and remember telling OH that I was weeing on the floor (but I think it was still waters). Called hospital and they told me to go in to check.
Then I had a massive contraction and couldn’t move or anything. OH tried to get me dressed, and I shouted for him to call an ambulance. At some point the paramedics arrived, and I remember some talk about delivering the baby at home. But anyway in between contractions I got a dressing gown on and managed to walk to the ambulance. Siren and blue light on and away we went through the Leeds rush hour traffic. The gas and air was doing nothing to easy any pains. I remember looking out of the window and seeing my husband’s work place then shouting that it was burning. Paramedic checked and said ‘still no head so you’re ok’.
Remember shouting that I needed a poo when being wheeled down the corridor in the hospital (cringe!). Got to delivery suite they put me on the monitor, and I remember feeling like I needed to push but then thinking I was only 4cms so couldn’t so I put my hand down there to try and stop it and I felt the head. Then heard midwife saying ‘just do what your body tells you’ so I pushed and heard midwife telling OH that baby’s head was there, then after one more push baby Ana was born and was placed on my tummy, her cord was really short so couldn’t come any higher. But it was perfect, I have a small graze but nothing more. Feeling very lucky to have such a quick labour.

Last edited:
Oh mable wow!!! What a whole different experiance to little tomos..

Lovely name , congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back