Update!

tambo1976

Reaction score
I'd had enough! Sat night was horrendous, he wouldn't latch, kept ripping the nipple shield off in temper and I really thought that would be the end of my bf journey. I was just in tears, so frustrated that I was failing but on Sunday I carried on trying, much the same frustration so I decided to seek more help on Monday before throwing the towel in. It really was my last ditch effort.

So I walked to the local maternity hospital and asked to speak to someone who could help me with BF and a lovely mw came to my rescue. We sat in a room and she simply told me to feed him as I would if I was at home. Instantly she questioned why I was using a Nipple shield. She told me to leave it, my nipples were fine and they were just making life more difficult for me. She reckons I was using the shields as some kind of crutch but they just wasnt needed.

Then I showed her how Scott tries to latch but just gets furious, screaming in a rage and she explained exactly what she thought the problem was. Apparently it's positioning. She said I was holding him wrong. My hand was behind his head and she said to him it felt like I was forcing his head on. She then showed me lol. She pushed my head forward, like I was with Scott, then she said "now try and open your mouth" obviously it was impossible and instantly I understood what I was doing wrong!

Since this morning he has had 3 feeds and they have all been a dream! Instead of holding the back of his head I have only held the top of his shoulders/neck and haven't used a shield and he has been golden.

I'm so happy!! Just thought I would share my good news. Today is the start of my bf journey and I'm going to forget all the bad feeding sessions lol xxx :)

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Soo good and well done you for actually seeking help before giving up!

Hopefully its all roses from now on!

Yay well done you xx and well done for seeking help hun xx

Bless you sweetie, so pleased for you! Positioning is important, shields are such a faff, I couldn't wait to have to stop using them!!

We took C to Cranial osteopathy to help release his neck and tongue after all the issues we had and it really helped xx

Brilliant- just goes to show how important support is, and how just finding someone understanding can make all the difference! Well done for seeking help, and her' s to you being able to bf for as long as you want! :)

So pleased for you sweetie :) congrats xxxx

That's great news! Happy for you :)

Tapatalking!

This is brilliant, well done for not giving up and seeking some advice. Hopefully it gets easier by the day for you now :) such an aspiration to others x

tapatalking x

Well done tambo! Sometimes the simplest solutions really help with a Breastfeeding issue :hug:

:yay: that's great news. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

So made up for you hun x

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

yaaaaaay, it really is all about being stubborn and repeatedly seeking help if your struggling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back